Mahogany mockingbird

willyk

Literally out of the box today, mahogany with a quilted maple top. The finish looks superb, can't wait for the neck. It's a 24 fret birdseye/ebony. Should be a screamer.

Attachments

• mockingbird.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 485
No kidding. If that was a PRS, they'd have to grade it a 30+!
[/quote]
I agree. The stuff I get from Warmoth is phenomenal! I bought a showcase neck for an old bass a couple of years ago and since then have built about ten complete guitars and basses. Each one has been totally unique and has turned out exactly how my crazy imagination thought it would. This 'bird is for a young friend of mine. It is his first "serious" guitar and I'm stoked that it's coming together just as we planned it

So now I believe that Mockingbird bodies should always be left-oriented.

Tweed said:

How about a "lefty" ,mockingbird body like this, turned upside down for a right-handed hendrix style.. mockingbird. Awesome? Yeah I thought so too.

hendrixbird.jpg

Not sure what headstock style would work best, but this is my 5 minute mockup. Back to work..

nathan a said:
Tweed said:

How about a "lefty" ,mockingbird body like this, turned upside down for a right-handed hendrix style.. mockingbird. Awesome? Yeah I thought so too.

hendrixbird.jpg

Not sure what headstock style would work best, but this is my 5 minute mockup. Back to work..

There are some brilliant minds within this illustrious company, hey nathan a, how did you know i was using sharkfin inlays?

Attachments

• birdneck.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 339
willyk said:
There are some brilliant minds within this illustrious company, hey nathan a, how did you know i was using sharkfin inlays?

Whoa. Weird. You're using sharkfin inlays and the warmoth headstock.

*Twilight Zone music*

Great minds think alike?

Back