M6 Locking Tuners - Washer won't fit in through-hole

NoOne

When installing my new tuners, I noticed that the washers are just slightly too big for the through-holes in the neck. What's the best way to expand the holes? I don't have too much equipment for expanding them, and I figure forcing them isn't the way to go. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Washer is probably not the correct term, my mistake.

It's a ring thing that I believe goes at the top of the through hole, and under the locking nut/thread. See the images attached.

I think the lip is supposed to go in the hole, but it doesn't fit. Is it press fit and I force it in with the back of a screwdriver? Should I ever so slightly countersink the top of the hole?

And also what is this called? I guess it isn't a washer.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 208
  • img2.png
    img2.png
    906.6 KB · Views: 201
About a year ago Schaller changed the spec on their tuners, and it appears you have a neck reamed for the old-style Schaller tuners, but a set of the new Schaller tuners.

When did you get the neck?

I ordered all my stuff May 5th from the custom shop (not off the shelf). Came in about a week ago.

Also worth mentioning the actual tuner fits very snugly. It's the washer/ring thing that does not fit.

NoOne said:
I ordered all my stuff May 5th from the custom shop (not off the shelf). Came in about a week ago.

Also worth mentioning the actual tuner fits very snugly. It's the washer/ring thing that does not fit.

Give Warmoth customer service a call and they will get it sorted for you.

The best way to enlarge a hole would be to use a tapered reamer, at least to start. Drilling will most often cause chipping as you begin.

Back