List your Amplifiers

arealken

List the Amps you currently own

Here mines;

1) '72 Hiwatt DR504( great amp, but badly miss the headroom of a DR103 which was way way outta my league, in fact, I shouldn't have bought the DR504, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do).

2) 1973 Pt. 2 Pt. Marshall Superlead 100 watt

3) '69 Supro Sportsman 35 watt head with matching 2x12 jensen cabinet

4) Peavey Classic VTX- the ultimate nashville Tele amp

5) Peavey 6505 amp  and matching 4x12 cabinet . The amp I own when I wanna get brutal high gain sound

6) Marshall 1978 100 Watt JMP Master volume Full stack- The amp for the late 70's inot the 80's metal and hair metal

7) 1965 Fender Bassman w/ matching 2x12 cabinet

8) Homebrew dead to nuts OLow volume Tweed Twin CLONE

9) 1969 Sunn 200S  with matching 4x12 cabinet. Hi-Fi cleans-very pretty with my VIP

10) '71 Ampeg Flip top Bass amp

11) 69 Ampeg Mercury in Homebrew cabinet

12) 70's Tube  Alamo Embassy  tube 15" combo

13) to be continued

I've had many but for the last several years, I've cut it down to my 1971 princeton reverb silverface.

Thankfully you didn't ask me to list the guitars I own :)

Current lineup (in order of acquisition):

1.)  Orange Tiny Terror
2.)  Gibson Super Goldtone GA30-RV
3.)  Three Monkeys Sock Monkey 18/12
4.)  Golden Amplifiers 35W (currently being built)

1: Vox AC4C1
s8M3quZ.jpg

Just that. 4 Watts and a 10" Celestion.

L3atHome-700-900.jpg

I've thinned the herd quite a bit over the last couple years so right now it's just the Legacy 3 and a Fender Superchamp x2.

Suhr Bella,  my absolute favourite. 44 watts of 6L6 goodness.
Blackstar HT5R 5 watt combo

I thought that was it but now I think about it, I have a small Line 6 Spider that I used to use as a practice amp prior to the Blackstar thats in the attic. And I also have a small Warwick Bass practice combo.

Helix

Collecting dust are:

US Built Blues Jr. that I'll never sell
Peavey JSX Mini Colossal
Yamaha THR 10-C - My patio amp
Line 6 Spider

I recently added this to the pile, just for fun...

IMG_0287_Sm_zpsj9nf2c5c.jpg

It's one of those newfangled Boss Katana amps, the 100W head version. It's sitting on a Marshall MX112 bottom that contains a Celestion Seventy 80.

But, this is where I spend the most time...

IMG_0281_Sm_zpsvxoig2hx.jpg

Centerpiece is the Axe Fx II, which I've racked in with a Lexicon MX300 Time Mangler Thingy, a Line 6 Relay G90 wireless and a Carvin AC120S sequencing power filter/management device. Speakers are Atomic Active CLRs. Pedalboard combines the Fractal FCB101 with 4 boss general purpose switches and 4 Mission Engineering continuous controller pedals.

Someday, I'm gonna figure out how all this stuff works, then learn to play guitar. That's the plan, anyway. Birthdays keep going by, though...

Cagey said:
I recently added this to the pile, just for fun...

IMG_0287_Sm_zpsj9nf2c5c.jpg

It's one of those newfangled Boss Katana amps, the 100W head version. It's sitting on a Marshall MX112 bottom that contains a Celestion Seventy 80.

I had the opportunity to try one of the Katana amps and I really liked the sounds I was getting out of it.

Cagey said:
Someday, I'm gonna figure out how all this stuff works, then learn to play guitar. That's the plan, anyway. Birthdays keep going by, though...

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

Yeah, Boss did a really good job on that line. Forum chatter is heavy and complimentary, both in a positive way. Stores can't keep 'em in stock. I know I'm impressed with them. They sound fantastic, have a lotta utility and are surprisingly inexpensive.

I'm with Cagey in that I use an AXE-FX II. My most used amps in it are:
Matchless DC30
Friedman HBE
Vox AC30
Jumpered Marshall Plexi
Fender tweed Twin
Train wreck
Soldano Slo

90% of my weekly live playing uses the DC30

1. Evil Robot 214 Replica #13 of 100. 18 watts of Phil X 'cut your head off ' volume
2. AER Alpha acoustic guitar amp. Rarely Used.
3. Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp thru a Palmer ADIG-ST amp/speaker simulator
4. Kemper profiler.

If I can't pull a decent sound through all of this gear, I should give up!

Hehe! Yeah, I think you're covered.

What speakers do you play the Kemper through?

Also, have you profiled the Evil Robot? If so, does it work well?

Blackheart Lil Giant
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Fender Blues Deluxe
Fender 75 - Combo model 1x15"
Egnater Rebel 20
Ibanez TSA15H
2 ea. Blackheart 1x12 cabs

Everything tube swapped/modded; Celestion 30s in everything except for Eminence Big Ben in Fender 75

Mesa Boogie Lonestar combo
Mesa Boogie Electradyne combo
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace combo
Mesa Boogie Subway Blues combo

Can you tell I like Boogies?  :laughing7:

Edit: Vox Lil Night Train head [gold] - for giggles.

Fender Blues Jr. I've had this for like 20 years. I've swapped speakers and done a handful of BillM modifications.

Tube Depot sourced Fender Tweed Deluxe kit. I love this but it isn't as versatile as the Blues Jr.

Marshall Code 50. JTM 45 and DSL modeling sounds great. Some of the higher gain stuff seems better since I swapped the speaker out.

Partially assembled Ted Weber Princeton Reverb kit. Think I've worked on this on and off for over a year. Every time I pick it up it takes me 75% of the time I allocate to find everything, confirm where I left off and start to actually do something. At this rate I should finish it sometime after I'm dead.

I've had tons and tons of amps. I've whittled them down to two that fit my needs the best:

Bogner Helios 50
EVH 5150iii

Oh ya...and a Tech21 Trademark 10, which has been following me around forever.

Cagey said:
Hehe! Yeah, I think you're covered.

What speakers do you play the Kemper through?

Also, have you profiled the Evil Robot? If so, does it work well?

Kemper is non amplified version so it goes through my Focusrite Saffire Pro40 Interface (Primary inputs are thru S/PDIF) then to Mackie monitors. Flat response.

No I haven't profiled anything yet..... I only have a SM57 & 58 plus a MXL condensor that's OK but not brilliant. I do want to profile the ER and also that AER before I sell the AER. Notice that people have profiled an Evil Robot before but the ones I have heard, have been the production 30/18 watt versions, not the Magnatone replica Limited Edition like I have. (Though I think Amp Factory have profiled one ER very early on, so it may be a LtdEd 18 watt type? There's only 100 of those replica ones...)

Back