List your Amplifiers

Just added a VHT, Special 6 Ultra, to my Fender Mustang I. Guess now I have a "collection"!  :icon_jokercolor:

Blackstar HT1 and a Vox AC4TV mini. DIY thiele cab with a Celestion G12-K100 for the Blackstar and an open back DIY 112 with a Celestion G12-35XC. I have a Marshall 1936 cab with V30's but I never really use it.

I love that Vox AC4TV. I have one too, or at least I think I do.  I let a friend use it and haven't seen him in a while.  I should call that in.

But anyway, the amp is wonderful - especially when you run it into a cab with a 12-inch loudspeaker.  Really gives it some bloom.  The ten-inch is fun and gets you that angry snarl when you wind it up, but it lacks bottom end.  I mostly eschew the 1/4-watt setting except when I am practicing at night so I don't offend the neighbors.  1 and 4 watts give more headroom before the breakup.

I love the Vox through this G12-35XC. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The Blackstar is really cool too. I can nail just about any gain sounds I need. The high gain stuff sounds exactly like my Dirty Shirley pedal.

Bogner Atma through a 2x12 with a G12H-75 and V30 (hellatone 60). Was using two greenbacks, but not enough thump or clarity with this amp. Sounds huge and awesome with this combo.

1 - BOSS Katana mini amp 3w - NICE for such a small piece

2 - EXPROPRIATED Pegasus MKii - actually that is not the name of the builder... he used to be a friend of me, but we had a leaked Whatsapp group's conversation where he and other builders were trash talking customers and said they paid forum moderators to block competitors and such thing... So, I raised the red flag on his name ;)
It's a plexi + JCM800 amp with a booster on both channels, on jcm800 channel the booster does the AFD mod.

Vulpez said:
I've been using a Line 6 HD500X for five years now. Hasn't failed me yet! Makes gigging and recording real easy.

Me too, DI only for upwards of 13 years now, monitoring with iem's, and I went to a completely mono signal path, so I never have phasing issues any more.

Lotta people do. That whole line is a helluva lotta amplifier for the money. Sound good without killing your budget.

What the ex stole:
Two blackface Champs, Blackface Deluxe Reverb, much modded Blackface Bassman in a 2x10, Blackface Vibrolux in a 2x10, Blackface Super Reverb, Blackface Twin Reverb, Brown Princeton, 5F1 Champ (clone), 5F4 Super (clone)
What I got now:  Anudder 5F4 Super (clone), and a 5E3 Deluxe (clone). 

All dem clones I builded m'self, wit these mits the Lord gimme.

Too bad about the losses on what I'm sure were great amps.

I've been married twice, and both times I didn't even argue. Just gave her everything EXCEPT my musical/computing gear and tools. Next time I meet a girl I feel especially attracted to, I'm just going to buy her a house and a car and walk away, leaving the lawyers to go scratch  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
.....Next time I meet a girl I feel especially attracted to, I'm just going to buy her a house and a car and walk away, leaving the lawyers to go scratch  :laughing7:
Well said!  :icon_jokercolor:

every time I respond, I end up deleting it. So here is my empty response to the above:

[...]

BigSteve22 said:
Cagey said:
.....Next time I meet a girl I feel especially attracted to, I'm just going to buy her a house and a car and walk away, leaving the lawyers to go scratch  :laughing7:
Well said!  :icon_jokercolor:

Yea if you can find a way to side step the lawyers, have at it! 

P.S. I seem to have a load of female friends, so much so that my band is mostly women.  The wife seems fine with it, but then again, she is best friends with one of them ...

Mayfly said:
Yea if you can find a way to side step the lawyers, have at it! 

You can't avoid them entirely - somebody's gotta file papers - but if there's no fight over anything, their involvement is minimal. Where people screw up is in fighting over property division, children, etc. which quickly racks up the billable hours.

Back