List your Amplifiers

We have the same mic collection :icon_biggrin:

The AxeFx does a similar thing to a Kemper "profile" called a "tone match", and I haven't done one yet either for the same reason. But, I'm thinking that MXR mic would probably get close enough for rock 'n' roll. Better than most performance mics, anyway. Plus, I have an urge to grab an IR of my Taylor or my buddy's Martin acoustic so I can apply it to the Jazzmaster with the Ghost saddles and see how that turns out. As it stands, the Ghost saddles + preamp are nothing to write home about. But, I'm not about to go buy a fancy Neumann U87 just so I can spruce up my Jazzmaster  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
We have the same mic collection :icon_biggrin:
But, I'm not about to go buy a fancy Neumann U87 just so I can spruce up my Jazzmaster  :laughing7:

You could build one.  I built a pair for about $500 each

Cagey, in their interim, there should be a free acoustic IR on the exchange. If not, i could send you one.

Mayfly said:
You could build [a Neumann U87].  I built a pair for about $500 each.

That's an attractive option that I may be tempted by at some point, but for the moment I think I'll try and scrape by with my Kmart-grade condenser.

TBurst Std said:
Cagey, in their interim, there should be a free acoustic IR on the exchange. If not, i could send you one. 

That's a good idea. It would save me fumbling around with a process I'm not familiar with.

Cagey said:
TBurst Std said:

That's a good idea. It would save me fumbling around with a process I'm not familiar with.
It is an older offering from JavaJunkie (Sean S). If you don't find one, pm me and I'll email one for instant gratification.

Bass:

1.) My main gigging rig is a pedal board with an Ampeg SCR-Di on the end with IEMs.

2.) Rackmount Sansamp RBI into a Carvin HD 1500 poweramp.

3.) Carvin BX 500

Bass cabs are:
  Ampeg 410 HLF

Guitar:

1.)  Carvin Vintage 16 Combo

2.)  Carvin Vintage 16 Head

3.)  Marshall Class 5 Head

About to pull the trigger on an Avatar guitar 212 cab with Vintage 30 and Creamback 75 for a stereo rig with the low watt heads.

I'm moving toward having my amps mostly for toying with in the home studio and using a modeller for playing live, I think my list is a little weird.  I'm getting more into micro heads or old amps I've converted (or converting) to heads, and then building myself some custom 1x12 cabs with new speakers I find here and there.

Modeller:
Positive Grid Bias Rack. 600W Class D

Amps:
Rivera Knucklehead Reverb 100. 100 Watts Tube, With EL34's and a full set of Yellow Jackets for EL84's. (theoretically brings it down to about 40 watts)
Peavey Bandit 112 ('89 - '95 Teal Face model) 80 Watts Transistor  (Will convert to Head soon)
Crate GX 212 (pre built-in effects) 120 Watts Transistor (busted cabinet.  Thinking of building a new one, or just turning the amp into a head)
Fender Practice amp, Dont' remember what it's called. 5 Watts transistor w/ 5" speaker. a bit smaller than the Mustang

Speakers:
Rivera 4x12 Slant cabinet. 4 V30s. Basically a Marshal 1960 but but heavier and prettier (imho)
1x12s In various states of building:
Peavey Scorpion
Crate Custom
Celestion T75
Celestion V30

On the lookout for
Speakers:
Peavey Sheffield
Peavey Black Widow
Tone Tubby 40/40 Ceramic
Blackstar 10"
Another V30 (8ohm)

Amps:
Hotone Nano Legacy Heart Attack
Hotone Nano Legacy British Invasion
Carvin V3M

I like the idea of having a bunch of possibilities. and a stack of little heads coupled with a stack of 1x12s seems to be the way to go in a studio.

Other than that I'm building a fEARful 12/6 Cube full range cabinet for my Bias Rack, its in progress.  I'm uploading new pictures to the thread today... if my phone ever finishes uploading the pics to dropbox.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27184.0

Me own!

3x10 Tweed inspired @ 26w:

D9E9AD69-5A44-4B57-8791-89AA5BA418D5_zpsbn8f4ejb.jpg

Blackface/Tweed hybrid @ 30W:

38D0F7A7-5D4A-4487-A6D9-740562EF3784_zpspyvn8yxa.jpg

I have the Guitar Rig 5 Demo on my PC with an M-Audio interface and a set of Presonus Studio Monitors. Does that count?  :laughing7:

(I'm a bassist, so...)

1) The Big Rig
- Alembic F-1X preamp
- Alembic SF-2 SuperFilter
- Crown CE1000 power amp
- Eden D210T, D115, and D115T speaker cabinets

2) The Small Rig
- Acoustic Image Focus 1 Series II head
- Flite Sound 112 and B15 speaker cabinets

3) The Combo
- Polytone MiniBrute III

pic of The Big Rig:
amp%20stack%20cropped_zps5ob95ef0.jpg

You obviously have no problems with bowel movements.

Bob Hoover Ross said:
(I'm a bassist, so...)

1) The Big Rig
- Alembic F-1X preamp
- Alembic SF-2 SuperFilter
- Crown CE1000 power amp
- Eden D210T, D115, and D115T speaker cabinets

2) The Small Rig
- Acoustic Image Focus 1 Series II head
- Flite Sound 112 and B15 speaker cabinets

3) The Combo
- Polytone MiniBrute III

pic of The Big Rig:
amp%20stack%20cropped_zps5ob95ef0.jpg

I got a poor mans rig a Carvin Vintage 16 combo. (works fine it is what I can afford) Also a Boss Micro BR 80 which I use as a headphone amp.

I have had quite a few amps over the years but with my family and all I have a nice little rig I can afford to practice with.

1. Early 80's Hiwatt Lead 50 head (self modded JCM800 killer)
2. Ceriatone OTS head (80's Dumble Clone w/ KT88's)
3. Glaswerks Overdrive Deluxe head (70's Dumble Clone)
4. Kitty Hawk M1 100W head
5. VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo (Self modded, my gainier version)
6. VHT Special 6 Ultra Head (Self Modded, 'cleaner' version)
7. Vox VT40+

Attachments

• 15541080_1402600033137950_4851005566412681153_o.jpg
    15541080_1402600033137950_4851005566412681153_o.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 457
That's quite a rig. And you play them all at the same time of course? On full volume, right? :laughing7:

Fender Blues JR. with Tung-sol Tubes. Planning on getting a 2x10 cab from Mojotone to swap it into with a set of... something. Haven't decided what speakers I want yet.

Perhaps something with neodymium magnets?

I found these Jensen very interesting;

[youtube]https://youtu.be/e5Y0WMhqIqI[/youtube]

so I went and had a look around their website. And found out a lot of stuff I didn't know. That Peter Jensen was one of  the co-inventore of the speaker. That they've got a really nice Tone Chart where you can read about and hear their speakers, with many sound examples per speaker. And even submit a questionnaire in their Tone Generator to get an answer to what you're really after. Very nice. I might have to try that out ...

Back