Lewis LesG

Mor Paul

Epic Member
Got bored, since I'm out of school because of my exam exemptions, and my GF is at school, because her school doesn't have exemptions.

So... I became curious what a Les Paul and an SG would look like if mixed, and here's what I got.

lesg.jpg

Angles are a bit off, but it's the closest I could find. I was also going to put a p90 in the neck position, but got lazy :p I'll change the headstock eventually. Maybe change it to the goblet inlay thing on the old gibsons.
cat_1956gibson_001.jpg

bpmorton777 said:
that's what happens when guitars have insest. Seriously fuggly! :laughing3:

Brian
Incest.

It's different, and kinda ugly. I think I could get used to it, though.

:laughing7:

That's weird! Perhaps you should close the upper cutaway, instead of put all the LP part on the upper side...

I like it! 

Though with a half-beveled, half-carved body like that I don't know how you'd actually mount the pickguard or bridge.  It'd be cool as a flat-top, though.

bwbass said:
I like it! 

Though with a half-beveled, half-carved body like that I don't know how you'd actually mount the pickguard or bridge.  It'd be cool as a flat-top, though.
Yeah, if it was actually built, it would be flat top. I've seen a cherry colored flattop LP before, and liked that look.

Even though the guitar isn't exactly for everyone... I'm satisfied with this photochop.
The 3 friends I showed it to liked it, surprisingly.

I kinda like how the SG pickguard goes with the curve of the LP body at the top, and it has some flow with the 3-way switch.
I did have to move the body down a fret or 2 on the Les Paul side.

GoDrex said:
it causes me brain discomfort. cool!  :laughing7:
I have succeeded.
I think.

I'm starting to like it more now that the abomination factor is going away.

I had an idea to do this once too, except mine was a Tele on top, SG on the bottom half.  Do that one next, it will be like the thing on Conan O'Brien "If they mated".  :laughing3:

Max said:
bwbass said:
I like it! 

Yeah, if it was actually built, it would be flat top. I've seen a cherry colored flattop LP before, and liked that look.
If you go flat top though it loses that LP ass, it'd be a shame to lose it.  The bridge would definitely be an interesting challenge, might just have to sculpt a recess of sorts...which makes for another pickguard issue lol.  Cool concept Max.

Sorry Max but ... my head oh my head.... I think.. I think I have to .... I .. I think I have to bbbbBBBAAAARRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFF!!........

:icon_jokercolor:

Even wackier than I imagined!  :icon_biggrin:  I think it's great!  Throw a bigsby on there, and I'll take it!  Warmoth body blank here I come!

Edit: Thanks Max, your a good man!

Back