Lewis LesG

Max said:
lesg5.jpg

That is awesome.

My lord... All those who make the mock up and asked for these beasties shall be banned... from EARTH! :laughing7:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Max said:

That is awesome.

It would definitely bring back the retro factor to the Flying V.

Watching some old Kinks videos made me want a V, but I don't play metal, so I felt like I'd be out of place. That might be a bit more viable.

exalted said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Max said:

That is awesome.

It would definitely bring back the retro factor to the Flying V.

Watching some old Kinks videos made me want a V, but I don't play metal, so I felt like I'd be out of place. That might be a bit more viable.
This one isn't too bad!  Maybe a humbucker or minibucker in the neck.

i personally think the tele/sg is real clever. the bridge pup follows the curve of the upper cutaway and the lower horn. is the butt-end was kinda sloped, kinda like the esp sg viper, which personally i dont like a lot (bit too metal for me), i reckon the whole thing would flow really nicely.

""Watching some old Kinks videos made me want a V, but I don't play metal, so I felt like I'd be out of place""

i'm actually gonna build a flying v for blues/rock purposes, satin black with ivory binding, gold hardware. hopefully it will give off a more "classic" vibe than "metal". dont get me wrong, i love metal, but play so many different styles. i reckon a good looking v could do almost anything

oh yeah, and that v/tele is horrid!!!! you do a good job with photoshop though max  :icon_thumright:

rightintheface said:
i personally think the tele/sg is real clever. the bridge pup follows the curve of the upper cutaway and the lower horn. is the butt-end was kinda sloped, kinda like the esp sg viper, which personally i dont like a lot (bit too metal for me), i reckon the whole thing would flow really nicely.

""Watching some old Kinks videos made me want a V, but I don't play metal, so I felt like I'd be out of place""

i'm actually gonna build a flying v for blues/rock purposes, satin black with ivory binding, gold hardware. hopefully it will give off a more "classic" vibe than "metal". dont get me wrong, i love metal, but play so many different styles. i reckon a good looking v could do almost anything

oh yeah, and that v/tele is horrid!!!! you do a good job with photoshop though max  :icon_thumright:

I was at a christian blues rock concert (mission blues, they rock.) and the lead guitarist was playing a v.  They certainly don't have to be for metal and definitely have a "classic vibe". 

lesg6.jpg

There it is with the explorer headstock. I still am more of a fan of the regular gibson headstock.

While the Gibson headstock looked pretty good, I gotta admit, I like the explorer headstock on it.  But then, I'm a little bit biased, ain't I?  :laughing7:

ExplorerSG with Explorer headstock = awesome - I'll take one with a stop piece please.  :icon_thumright:

Hey, if someone actually wants one, I can do some drawing of the top and all
:p
A stop tailpiece would be better on an actual guitar, because I guess the maestro tailpiece has tuning trouble, and doesn't come in an explorer-friendly shape. I had to do some modifying for that photochop.

Hey, Gregg... new warmoth-exclusive shape?

And does anyone have technical drawings of an SG and Explorer?

Max said:
lesg6.jpg

There it is with the explorer headstock. I still am more of a fan of the regular gibson headstock.

What I like about it is the color scheme... like for ex. that black pickguard works well.

It's that little "evil hook" on the "horn" that needs to go... but then again, I didn't pick the 2 body shapes to look good; more like a joke.  :icon_biggrin:

I think if you did a regular explorer body with that mahogany/red stain, with that SG pickguard, and the LP headstock (or explorer headstock), it would look great.

Back