Lewis LesG

guitlouie said:
Even wackier than I imagined!  :icon_biggrin:  I think it's great!  Throw a bigsby on there, and I'll take it!  Warmoth body blank here I come!

Edit: Thanks Max, your a good man!
Make it a flat top.  :icon_thumright:

Psst...Are you serious? :icon_scratch:

Superlizard said:
Explorer+SG with an Ernie Ball headstock... there ya go.
lesg3.jpg

Couldn't find a EB headstock that really worked there, so there's what I could do.

Max, have you seen the latest Dean and Gibson SG/V hybrids.  Zakk Wylde has a sig. model one.  It's the headstock, neck, headstock and neck inlay of a Les Paul Custom, the front half of an SG, and the back half of a Flying V, complete with Bullseye graphic.  Note the loaction of the toggle switch.

ZakkWyldeZV.jpg

Mayfly, just have a drink of beer.

STDC, yeah, I've seen those. Seems like a well-done hybrid, but I never noticed the toggle switch.

I don't care if other people make their own blasphemous creatures.

Surprisingly enough, I kinda like the explorer/SG idea...  although with a different headstock.

Doesn't look NEARLY as hideous as the "reverse explorer"

Xplorervoodoo said:

Hey there! :(

about... 3 warmoth builds from now thats exactly what I was going to do.  Order a Lefty Explorer without a control route.  I'd route the controls for what is normally on the upper side, but leave the toggle on the long "lower" horn.  I thought it would cool!  The only problem would be figuring out how to do a pickguard if I wanted one... I dont think it would work.

Volitions Advocate said:
Xplorervoodoo said:

Hey there! :(

about... 3 warmoth builds from now thats exactly what I was going to do.  Order a Lefty Explorer without a control route.  I'd route the controls for what is normally on the upper side, but leave the toggle on the long "lower" horn.  I thought it would cool!  The only problem would be figuring out how to do a pickguard if I wanted one... I dont think it would work.

Although I fully support you in your decision, and hope you end up with a wonderful guitar you can be proud of, I stand by my statement.  :laughing7:

Oh, and Max, I'm diggin the Gibson Headstock on that.  Not sure if an explorer headstock would look better or worse, but it definitely looks better than that ernie ball thing.

Okay... xplorervoodoo is against Explorer Voodoo...

anyways...
I'm no fan of the reverse explorer either.
U-G-L-Y-The-Gibson-Reverse-Explorer-Guitar-2.jpg

Back