LabroMaster done see post in Misc. guits if you want

stratamania said:
Glad to see you have recovered from Cowbell Fever and have become Spud...don't tell me you have a new pickguard on the way  :icon_smile:

Good catch!

OP, Spud as in trainspotting perhaps? Inquiring minds want to know

Stratamania, I do not have a new pickguard on the way. I kinda like the juxtaposition of the strat guard on it!

Sadie, I enjoyed "Trainspotting" but I was mostly just thinking about taters.  :laughing7:

I have also wedged a NOS GE gray plate 12ax7 , next the the Sprauge orange drop tone cap to eek out an extra bit of harmonic content when plugged in. It isn't soldered to anything, so the effect may be subtle.

Just dull aluminum knobs and a matching switch tip, if they don't go well they may not work.

Very cool! I had wondered what that kind of technique would look like with something other than mahogany. I think it gives it a kind of mystical look, like the tree absorbed silver as it was growing and it created deposits within the grain structure.

I don't know if I'll ever do it but I've thought about trying a doghair technique with mahogany with metallic silver filler and black stain. I've also got a totally nuts idea along with that, mixing glow in the dark pigment powder(ideally white that glows green) with white filler. I have no idea if it'd work but I may have to test it one day. I'd call it Irradiated Doghair haha.

Small update knobs and switch tip. Starting to think I need to swap out for a bridge covered Humbucker as well. I have a 57 classic that would work.

Attachments

• Knobby.JPG
    Knobby.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 10
something just missing,  cant put my fingers on it but something is missing :band:  :headbang5

I ordered the neck on 2/14. I hope it will be here soon. I could slap a Mitey Mite strat neck on it for kicks, (it is a decent neck but the profile is thin and evil).

Entirely complete awaiting neck.

Attachments

• I caved!.JPG
    I caved!.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 20
ragamuffin said:
Looking good! What's the neck going to be like?

Nothing fancy, Maple/maple, CBS Strat, 1 11/16, Gibson conversion, 6115 stainless, Fender staggered locking tuners.

50 days and counting........... :laughing7: No quilt, no guilt

The ol Backo

Attachments

• Backster.JPG
    Backster.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 14
I had planned to inlay a design of nickel plated brass across the upper bout, however apparently that is verboten in my household lest I want life to become unpleasant. So it is a no go!! :laughing7:

Back