L5s progress

Looks great.  Wish i had the time to do some self finishing, but as i have no experience it would probably take forever and for now i think i'll let warmoth do all my finishing for me.  maybe when the kids get in school.

JTM said:
Btw I was told by some guys that these can even stain your sink / bathtub and that it takes a LOT of bleach to get it off. I found it not to be true on mine, but better check. I think if you're stuff is slightly porous you're in trouble, but otherwise no problem. Maybe you could stain it by leaving it long enough, but just to rinse the recipient it's fine. Alternatively if you have a garden or a workshop use it :)

Wander if it would "stain" the binding on the neck?  I think the bright white looks great, but if you don't perhaps one of the brown, or yellow pigments you have could slightly stain the binding?

:tard: Amazing! I JUST became a member of this site and just replied to Spike about spec updates for a custom made L5S and THIS is one of the first posts I saw.....

How strange is that? There are certainly forces at work here that I won't ever understand.

Anyway, yes, gonn abuild me a L5S and I'll be stoked if it comes out half as nice as what I've seen so far.

Cheers!

Clark

Yeah I've sprayed it with waterbased nitro now, it's all nice and glossy :) Still need to put it together though, will post pics when I do.

JTM said:
Yeah I've sprayed it with waterbased nitro now, it's all nice and glossy :) Still need to put it together though, will post pics when I do.

What the hell is water-based nitro? Does not compute?

oops meant water-based lacquer. It's got the same properties as nitro ( 100% burn in etc ) but doesn't fry your brain.

Back