Kuro's "country" 7/8 Tele

Kuro Uma

So I play with this country band. I decided I wanted to try out the 7/8 guitars. The bass player asked if I could build a guitar that we could use as the album cover for the new CD. So of course, give any of us a reason to build a guitar and we'll do it right?

So I got a chambered 7/8 Tele with a UC roasted maple top on black korina. Routed for a recessed floyd, direct mounted humbucker and a single coil.
pzjCtj.jpg

and wet
XmRfR0.jpg

penciled the designs on:
OpraUx.jpg

8zZxbw.jpg

Only doing minimal ink on this one:
MkpR44.jpg

YSPRGC.jpg

Here she is so far:
muzBan.jpg

Flamed roasted maple neck is on it's way too!!!

That's two threads of great work in one day. I've missed your work so great to see you back.

I've been hoping we'd ''hear'' from you--missed you mind-boggling art! And of course, you never disappoint!! Simply STUNNING!

I got the neck in last week. flamed roasted maple neck and board, SS frets, black blocks and binding. Reverse headstock just because why not.

qfRFLw.jpg

3THJCw.jpg

The only "bare" non figured spot I could find
WwJkJ7.jpg

If anyone ever wanted and example of Warmoth's precision in neck joints. This is a perfect example.
I can put the neck into the pocket on the body and pick up the whole thing from the neck.

Here it is suspended held by the neck only:
OneH8d.jpg

See, no screws. I haven't even shaped the neck pocket yet.
BnEdFV.jpg

That is a good looking guitar.  I don't know if I could get away with playing it at church.  :laughing3: :laughing3:

Maybe it's because I'm in an Alt-Country band with three women, but there is no way in h*ll that I'd be allowed to have a guitar like that lying around.

I got the clear coat on, wet sanding is next!

There is a slight black burst on top
zxc1Mj.jpg

Mahogany burst to the sides and back
TLbTAU.jpg

The photo doesn't capture amazing the figure looks in the light.

They gave you the thumbs up?  They should have thrown themselves prostrate at your feet in unalloyed worship, man!  Yet another true work of art out of Kuro-Uma-land.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to have to lodge one teeny tiny  minor gripe. The finish applied rather drastically subdues the artwork. Its just too dark. Otherwise wow.

Back