Kisekae Creations Post 'em here!

DangerousR6 said:
kboman said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Was is a Standard or a Custom?  The one I'm thinking of has block (not trapezoid, and statrting at 1st fret) inlays and trapezoidal headstock inlay on headstock, consistent with the custom.

Doesn't sound like Old Black then. Here's a Wikipedia entry for it (!), and here's the most extensive fan site on Neil's gear that I know of. Standard all the way!
...ehrm, sort of  :headbang:
No offense kboman, but I severely dislike Mr. Young. Not a great musician in my book, kinda like Bob Dillion, never understood people's fascination with the likes of those two...

In my case, it's not their musicianship that I admire, it's their songwriting abilities.  I think a lot of people would agree with me.

DangerousR6 said:
No offense kboman, but I severely dislike Mr. Young. Not a great musician in my book, kinda like Bob Dillion, never understood people's fascination with the likes of those two...

I think you've got your terms mixed up  :icon_biggrin:
Neil is a great musician in that he allows great music (of great variety) to enter our world. Being a musician and being a guitarist are two distinctly different things to me, though I happen to like Neil as a songwriter too. Dylan on the other hand - no thanks. I never liked his lyrics, the music all sounds the same and he can't sing.

Of course, this is always down to personal opinion. Personally I can't think of a single person whose music and/or playing I like who uses a Floyd Rose whammy. Strange but true.

kboman said:
DangerousR6 said:

Neil is a great musician in that he allows great music (of great variety) to enter our world. Being a musician and being a guitarist are two distinctly different things to me, though I happen to like Neil as a songwriter too. Dylan on the other hand - no thanks. I never liked his lyrics, the music all sounds the same and he can't sing.

Of course, this is always down to personal opinion. Personally I can't think of a single person whose music and/or playing I like who uses a Floyd Rose whammy. Strange but true.
:laughing11:
So I guess you've never heard of

Joe Satriani
EVH
Randy Rhodes
Steve Vai
Kirk Hammett
Vivian Campbell
Phil Collin
Dave Mustaine
Dave Murray\
etc...etc...

Don't get me wrong, I like your LP concept, just not the person it's based upon.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
kboman said:
DangerousR6 said:

:laughing11:
So I guess you've never heard of

Joe Satriani
EVH
Randy Rhodes
Steve Vai
Kirk Hammett
Vivian Campbell
Phil Collin
Dave Mustaine
Dave Murray\
etc...etc...

Oh I've heard of them all, and heard them play. Bo-ring. That's just me though.

I like my concept too  :toothy12:

you seem like the type that likes Mark Knopfler....;) I have seen him with a floyd.
I have actually seen quite a bit non metal/shredders with floyds..
David Gilmour, The Edge...

ok then... I am off now.. to see queensryche! yeah!
they have floyds too! ;)

Markoooooo said:
you seem like the type that likes Mark Knopfler....;) I have seen him with a floyd.
I have actually seen quite a bit non metal/shredders with floyds..
David Gilmour, The Edge...

But Gilmour and Edge got rid of those Floyds quickly, didn't they? :icon_biggrin:
Hehe, I'm more into people like Fripp, Belew (Kahler users, so I may be cheating a bit here :p), Edge, Neil, Marc Ribot, the Radiohead boys etc. Shredding/metal has never appealed to me (or Knopfler...).

I just realised, I've always liked David Torn's playing on David Sylvian's and David Bowie's* albums, and he did use a Floyd guitar on some of that stuff (he plays Teuffel now). So there you go!

* That's a strange line up of names by the way  :icon_jokercolor:

But who is Belew???

Got the idea on the green ones thinking in a Irish guitar building course :laughing7:
Irish Cream would be a good name?

NonsenseTele said:

Those green ones are excellent.

Adrian Belew, guitarist to the very greatest, long standing member and frontman of King Crimson and a solo artist in his own right. His signature Parker Fly is probably the most absurd instrument ever to be mass produced... but that's Ade for you!

HI!
These are some of my creations with Kisekake. You can see them here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lorenzo.fortunati/Guitars?feat=directlink

In the future I'm going to build the first grey/black tele, which I called
 :rock-on:

Great community dudes, by!

voidessence said:
HI!
These are some of my creations with Kisekake. In the future I'm going to build this grey/black tele, which I called Tough Tele  :rock-on:

TTT.JPG

Another dream would be this "Jib 619". Pretty Gretschy.

TTG.jpg

En elegant Ibanez:
ibaz.JPG

A SG light revisitation:
TTD.JPG

Fixed images

They look good! And welcome!

Well, if you translated the figured Bubinga top and Cocobolo fretboard to a Stratocaster and lost the painted headstock and put a single coil pickup in the neck and middle position, that would be what i am picturing...

I will try to replicate something similar on Kisekai, but Kisekai doesn't do the same level of detail that the Frank Montag simulator does.

Why does everyone always disagree with my taste in guitars? ???

kboman said:
NonsenseTele said:
Thanks Kboman, I thought on that LP but I guessed that could be a custom setup or wiring that I didn't know :laughing7:

No problem :)
I think the mini switch he has in there too is used to bypass the tone/volume controls. No source on that though, only memory (I've seen it referred to as a coil tap too, but that sounds unlikely).

From what I can remember from websites, the switch was originally a coil tap for the mini hum (or was it a series parallel arrangement, not sure  :icon_scratch: ).

I think the story goes that the switch went dead, a tech guy had to fix the guitar fast so it was just hard wired to the jack - eliminating not only the faulty switch but the volume and tone knobs. Neil notices the sound, says it sounds good, so when they got a replacement switch, they wired it up for a volume tone pot bypass instead.

I've heard that guitar in a gig quite close (10 rows from the front). The sound is very much the amp more so than the guitar IMHO. Neil used a couple of other LPs throughout the gig, they were just LPs with P90s, but he still got that grungy sound out of them, just not so damned loud.Old Black looks like it is about to fall apart, btw.

Back