Just ordered my first build, and first guitar since I was ~13 years old

Wesquire

I've played off and on since about 10 years old. 30 now. I've been playing a Les Paul Special since the early/mid 2000s. Decided on a Semi-hollow VIP build in tobacco burst with roasted flame maple neck.

Body

Construction- Carved Top
Core Wood- Mahogany
Lam Top Wood- Flame Maple/Maple DL
Neck Pickup Rout- Humbucker
24 Fret Reposition- No
Bridge Pickup Route- Humbucker
F-Holes- 2 F-Holes
Controls- Volume 1, Tone 1, Toggle Hole
Jack Rout- 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Bridge Rout Type- Hardtail
Bridge Rout- Gotoh Wraparound (Angled Pocket)
Mounting Holes- Standard 4-Bolt
Neck Pocket Shape- Strat®
Binding & Edge Decorations- Cream Binding
Burst - Top Color - Tobacco Burst
Back Color- Clear
Gloss

Neck

Construction- Tiltback Gibson® Scale Conversion
Shaft Wood- Roasted Flame Maple
Fretboard Wood- Roasted Flame Maple
Nut Width- 1-11/16" (43mm) - Modern Medium
Neck Back Profile- Wolfgang
Fretboard Radius- 10" - 16" Compound
Number of Frets- 22
Binding- None
Fret Size & Material- SS6105 - Narrow & Tall (Stainless)
Tuner Hole Size- Schaller/Modern Fender/Sperzel (25/64")
Inlay Shape- Premium Dots
Inlay Material- Abalone
Side Dots- Abalone Side Dots
String Nut- Standard Nut - GraphTech White TUSQ XL
Mounting Holes- Standard 4-Bolt
Neck Heel Shape- Strat® Shape
Finish- None
Schaller Locking Tuners

I know the rosewood/ebony fretboard is what you'd expect for the VIP style, but I really love the look of those with roasted maple. Especially with some tru-oil that darkens it a touch.

Still deciding on pickups, but they will be along the lines of a PAF style with a coil split. Right now I'm leaning toward Dimarzio Air Classic in the Neck and a 36th Anniversary Neck model in the Bridge.

That's going to be awesome. I like the idea of a maple board on a VIP - makes you stand out a bit more!  :bananaguitar:

SeaGroomer said:
That's going to be awesome. I like the idea of a maple board on a VIP - makes you stand out a bit more!  :bananaguitar:

Thanks. The neck options were a hard choice. I do love rosewood with a tobacco burst, but the way Warmoth does neck binding is a bit too bold for my taste and I don't like having a different fretboard wood without binding. Still debating on the knobs to use. Right now I'm leaning toward silver metal tele-style knobs or the amber PRS lampshades.

I've got some Mojotone hot PAFs on order and just finished wiring up the electronics for a treble bleed and partial coil split. Can't wait.

Back