Just finished my 1st Warmoth Jazzcaster Build

shanedead

This is my first build and i'm extremely happy with it!

Mahogany Chambered Body with Antigua finish and Vintage Pearl Pickguard.
All Chrome Tele Hardware with Planet wave machine heads.
Warmoth Pro - 59 Roundback, Indian Rosewood neck with Ebony Fingerboard.
Lace Drop & Gain Bridge Pick up with Champtone Deluxe Hot Rod Esquire Wiring, 250k CTS Pots, Jensen .047 Paper-In-Oil Capacitor, SoZo Mustard Vintage Capacitor, CRL 3-way Switch.

DSC_0163_zps7504268d.jpg

DSC_0164_zps14ccb311.jpg

Well, you succeeded, and did well at it. Lotta good choices there, and I think it's pretty safe to say you're not going to see anyone else show up at the dance wearing the same guitar.

That is one fine-lookin' guitar.  The only improvement I would make is maybe a Warhead instead of Tele headstock.  They always look too tiny to me.  That's still a striking example of why people build Warmoth guitars.  Beautiful, unique and all yours.  Well done.

I love it! Very nicely done. It's great to see an Antigua burst for a change and I'm a fan of single HB layouts. Cool guitar!

Oh, that is bitchin'!!!

I'd love to hear how you did that finish, it's such a cool combination with the pearl.
:eek:ccasion14:

You can choose Antigua as a finish from W, and if ordered with a pickguard can have it shot Antigua as well. (+fee probably). It's just a rare finish to see, really.

Very nicely done!

Wouldn't a neck pickup have been more versatile? I'm obviously not a member of the minimalist camp; I built a Jazzmaster with traditional wiring.  :icon_biggrin:

tylereot said:
Oh, that is bitchin'!!!

I'd love to hear how you did that finish, it's such a cool combination with the pearl.
:eek:ccasion14:

Thanks! Warmoth built it all, i just picked it out and put it together.
I've always like the Antigua finish but was never a massive fan of the Antigua pickguard which is why i thought the vintage pearl would work nicely.

reluctant-builder said:
Very nicely done!

Wouldn't a neck pickup have been more versatile? :icon_biggrin:

Most Probably, but I already have guitars with neck pick ups and i wanted to own something different which is why i went the single bridge with esquire wiring, and out of all my guitars this plays the nicest and sounds massive!

Back