My 2nd Warmoth Build: Diamondback SG Style

the gold dark moons are the single conductor shielded vs the four conductor … I have the four conductor in the tele deluxe though.
There's not much to check then, unless you have both pickups on at the same time and they're out of phase with each other.

There's not much to check then, unless you have both pickups on at the same time and they're out of phase with each other.
Update: the pickup was defective … took it to a local luthier and they confirmed. I sent it back to Seymour Duncan and they sent me a new pickup. It plays great now.

Update: the pickup was defective … took it to a local luthier and they confirmed. I sent it back to Seymour Duncan and they sent me a new pickup. It plays great now.
Oops … I totally left out the drama:

The neck pickup didn’t work (Seymour Duncan vintage blues). I had to contact the seller on reverb, verify the place was an authorized dealer. Seymour Duncan didn’t believe they could have a defective pickup, so I had to take it to a local authorized SD dealer/luthier to have them get readings and confirm.

The local place replaced the caps and re-wired it, and confirmed the pickup didn’t work. $30 and 2 weeks later, I picked up the guitar, took out the pickup, and had to mail it back to SD. SD wouldn’t send out a new one until they inspected the old one to make sure it really didn’t work.

Instead of mailing it to me, they mailed it to the store … about 4 weeks after that, I had a new pickup, which I then re-wired back into the guitar.

That was a little more of a pain in the a$s than I was expecting, especially given the fact that SD is probably the biggest in the business, and I was trying to exchange their cheapest humbucker. Anyways, the guitar sounds great now.

Oops … I totally left out the drama:

The neck pickup didn’t work (Seymour Duncan vintage blues). I had to contact the seller on reverb, verify the place was an authorized dealer. Seymour Duncan didn’t believe they could have a defective pickup, so I had to take it to a local authorized SD dealer/luthier to have them get readings and confirm.

The local place replaced the caps and re-wired it, and confirmed the pickup didn’t work. $30 and 2 weeks later, I picked up the guitar, took out the pickup, and had to mail it back to SD. SD wouldn’t send out a new one until they inspected the old one to make sure it really didn’t work.

Instead of mailing it to me, they mailed it to the store … about 4 weeks after that, I had a new pickup, which I then re-wired back into the guitar.

That was a little more of a pain in the a$s than I was expecting, especially given the fact that SD is probably the biggest in the business, and I was trying to exchange their cheapest humbucker. Anyways, the guitar sounds great now.
Sorry you had to endure all of that just to replace a defective pickup. Thanks for the head's up on how SD handled it. I hope this was worth it now that it's playing well for you!

I didn't realize I was a fan of all-rosewood necks until I saw yours. That looks unbelievable. Really nice build despite all the minor drama you had to deal with along the way.

Back