yeah these naturally finished strats are starting to get to me

In that case, I will nominate his twin:

JJ22-06-08034.jpg

]
That's damn near perfect.

baskruit said:
(Picture of Patrick's Strat)

That's damn near perfect.

Agreed!  Dark necks and light bodies usually look very nice together IMO, and this is no exception.  Very nice.

Now I'm not sure whom I'll be able to vote for.  It's going to be tough!

Tonar8353 said:
By the way I'm loving the Jazzmaster!  Great job on that finish.

Thanks Tonar!  That means alot coming from someone who does some pretty fantastic finishing work yourself.  I absolutely love your strat!

Sorry boys, that natural strat with the wenge neck is the shoe-in. There's not a single thing on that instrument that I can interpret as untasteful.

KEEP 'EM COMIN'

this was my 1st attempt at a dye job.....got it off the screaming deals for $199...still a little dirty from assembly....

finishedLP.jpg

Biggus Pickus said:
Where did you get that bridge? I've never seen saddles like that before.

It's called a Mastery Bridge www.masterybridge.com

It's designed to work with all of the fender offset guitars.  It eliminates the buzzing problems that are common with jazzy's and jag's, and it noticeably improves sustain.

IMG_9462.jpg

The saddles for the lower and upper three strings are connected.  Having a chance to examine it and install it, it's a pretty brilliant design.  Between it and the Earvana nut, this guitar sustains for days.

Cagey said:
Marko said:
In that case, I will nominate his twin:
JJ22-06-08034.jpg

I like that one, too! Now you're starting to make things difficult!

I especially like that neck. Looks like ebony on wenge with SS railroad ties for frets?

Mine was modeled after his, just with different woods, thus his "Twin" statement. That being said, Marko you slag.. I want a chance to get a vote.. you.. trev.. doug.. knock it off!

Oh man I missed this....just because a mailman with dyslexia  :-\

Oh well I'll enter next month :sad1:

gtr475 said:
Oh man I missed this....just because a mailman with dyslexia  :-\

Oh well I'll enter next month :sad1:

still time to enter.  I did not get it up for the vote yet....the 4th of July is calling....and so are some beers....I promise tomorrow it will be ready.

I voted for DMRACO's. I always loved the color on that, and if I recall correctly, it was supposed to be blue? What a beautiful mistake it was.

Back