Jeez , what is it lately?

Eargasm

Why does everyone's web site suck? Seriously, anyone noticed that there are more problems logging on to a lot of sites thesedays?
Seems like dumbass GoDaddy is hosting all these sites, judging by the performance...big mistake...

Eargasm, you have reached the wrong crowd, this is a guitar forum, your looking for the " why I can't connect to shit. com" down the hall and to the left

I have a friend who makes sites for a living, specializing in flash and stuff like that. His websites don't suck like that.  :toothy12:

There are a lot of shitty sites though.

Alfang said:
Eargasm, you have reached the wrong crowd, this is a guitar forum, your looking for the " why I can't connect to shit. com" down the hall and to the left

Wow,  not sure why you are so defensive? This is "general discussion" and there is no "warmoth.com" or "site issues" forum, so I thought this forum was as close as I could get. I think I expressed a legit concern, and I wasn't  trying to ruffle any feathers, just looking for an explanation that's all. I certainly wasn't blaming Warmoth for the shortcomings of their site's host.
Hey, I just noticed something...you're the guy that wanted to do a teloist with me. Remember? You said you wanted to do it, I said I was "in", and then I never heard from you again...
Was it something I said?
Strange...
In case you don't remember, here was your response to that thread -

Re: New body design with pics - "Teloist"
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 12:08:23 am »
Larry, so lets put one together, we can buy a pre-routed body blank, come up with a template and route and carve it up ourselves, Build the entire thing to your specs and post it here.
We gotta build 2. one for you one for me, I have plenty of tools.
E-mail me we can take this offline

Soooo what happened????

I agree eargasm, seems like alot of stuff is slower latley. Dont know if its atributed to go daddy or not, it just sucks.

I also agree with alfang. I like geekin' out on guitar stuff here. Either way please be a gent and remove his e-mail address from the post so nasty bots dont flood him with crap and slow him down as well. Thanks.

Any mock ups of what a teloist would look like?  Would that have an f hole?

-TT-

the warmoth site was always slow for me, so i just clicked the low bandwidth button.
even with high speed internet its slow as can be.

TroubledTreble said:
Either way please be a gent and remove his e-mail address from the post so nasty bots dont flood him with crap and slow him down as well. Thanks.
-TT-

Sorry about that John...wasn't thinking I guess....well, I certainly wasn't thinking that someone might pester you with emails, but TroubledTreble is right, so my apologies for that. (POST EDITED)
More than anything else, I am just sick of the "Shell Game" that so many corporations play these days. You guys know what I am talking about...
Your internet provider tells you that you will get 1.5 M service when you hook up with them, and you do - at first. Then you start to slow down...check your speed three months later and you see you are down to 756K..
Same thing with cell phone companies and tons of other services. They are ripping people off, getting rich, and WE are the ones that have to pay for.
It's bullshit.
If I were Warmoth, I'd print this thread and show it to my site host and go "Look, you either fly straight and fix this thing, or we are going to someone else"

Go study IP networking and network engineering.... Assuming you have a "standard" connection from your ISP of 1.5 Mpbs/384Kpbs up/down, in the first place there are only a handful of sites on the entire internet that have fat enough pipes and no QoS to feed you a download speed over 1 Mbps anyway.

Who are you really complaining about; YOUR provider, or warmoth.com's? If your perception is that you signed with an ISP and started at 1.5 Mbps and now think you are getting half that bandwidth, it's most likely because you use IE and have managed to accumulate no end of shit on YOUR system. If you habituate BitTorrent sites/other P2P sites/online multiplayer games or other sites that foster extremes in net traffic, traffic shaping tools from your ISP will decrease you maximum available bandwidth.

If you have internet from cable, you're on an oversubscribed shared pipe and will be inordinately affected by your neighbor's usage.

Pricing models for your $30/mo. "standard connection" are based on average per-user throughput, there really isn't enough backbone bandwidth for everyone to max out their potential throughput simultaneously.

DDoS attacks, spam mail storms, router outages and other issues occur that can cause intermittent bandwidth issues that will slow anything/everything down.

Like most non-IT businesses, Warmoth uses a hosting service rather than maintaining their own servers/high speed connections, and although their hosting service uses the dreaded Windoze 2003 server/IIS for a backend platform, I've never seen any real slowdown/latency on the warmoth.com site, except when in the e-Store application, but that's a function of HTTPS backend calls to the secure transaction system which are typical.

I live so far from the CO that I cannot even get "standard connection" bandwidth speed; if you are having issues you probably need to clean up your own system first, then maybe talk to YOUR ISP.

jackthehack said:
Go study IP networking and network engineering.... Assuming you have a "standard" connection from your ISP of 1.5 Mpbs/384Kpbs up/down, in the first place there are only a handful of sites on the entire internet that have fat enough pipes and no QoS to feed you a download speed over 1 Mbps anyway.

Who are you really complaining about; YOUR provider, or warmoth.com's? If your perception is that you signed with an ISP and started at 1.5 Mbps and now think you are getting half that bandwidth, it's most likely because you use IE and have managed to accumulate no end of shit on YOUR system. If you habituate BitTorrent sites/other P2P sites/online multiplayer games or other sites that foster extremes in net traffic, traffic shaping tools from your ISP will decrease you maximum available bandwidth.

If you have internet from cable, you're on an oversubscribed shared pipe and will be inordinately affected by your neighbor's usage.

Pricing models for your $30/mo. "standard connection" are based on average per-user throughput, there really isn't enough backbone bandwidth for everyone to max out their potential throughput simultaneously.

DDoS attacks, spam mail storms, router outages and other issues occur that can cause intermittent bandwidth issues that will slow anything/everything down.

Like most non-IT businesses, Warmoth uses a hosting service rather than maintaining their own servers/high speed connections, and although their hosting service uses the dreaded Windoze 2003 server/IIS for a backend platform, I've never seen any real slowdown/latency on the warmoth.com site, except when in the e-Store application, but that's a function of HTTPS backend calls to the secure transaction system which are typical.

I live so far from the CO that I cannot even get "standard connection" bandwidth speed; if you are having issues you probably need to clean up your own system first, then maybe talk to YOUR ISP.

'Tanks for the info. I'm on a Mac using Safari (and Firefox occassionally). I have "pop-ups" disabled and I don't game or fart around with animated crap (like those stupid ecards and stuff like that).  I also "reset" safari on a fairly regular basis.
My current ISP is actually pretty good, although it IS slower than when I first signed up. But what I am talking about is the constant loading problems of some websites. If I go to one site, it loads up really quick, then when I go to another, it chokes, spits, might not load...
So I go to a totally different site and it loads fine. back to the bad site and it still won't load.
It's not my ISP or a coincidence if I am checking other sites when I have problems loading a particular site - it's THEIR site, not my ISP.
Anyway, my point is that I am seeing this more and more these days.

Kinda reminds me of how the CD pressing companies are turning out shit quality discs these days...if no one says anything, they'll just keep doing it.

Eargasm - Who's your ISP and where are you physically located?

Schmoopie - I don't see an issue with peavey.com, despite all the Flash crap on the main page

Back