J Bass truss rod

Hey all,

I'm putting together my first Warmoth J bass build. It has the 1 fret fingerboard extension that lays over the pickguard, so obviously I need to route a little divet out of my pickguard to give me access to the truss adjuster, correct?

I have a friend that said these necks need to be removed for truss rod adjustment. I refuse to believe that, and I hope I'm right.  I *am* right, aren't I? You can still adjust the truss rod without removing the neck, correct?

Thanks

Yeah, if you have a warmoth body there will probably be slot already cut for truss rod access, you can't either cut a matching slot in the pick guard or remove the pick guard for adjustment.

MichaelSmalley said:
I have a friend that said these necks need to be removed for truss rod adjustment. I refuse to believe that, and I hope I'm right.  I *am* right, aren't I? You can still adjust the truss rod without removing the neck, correct?

You are correct - the pickguard will indeed require modification if you're not able to put the adjuster in there as is, but the necks can indeed be adjusted without removing the neck.

MichaelSmalley said:
I have a friend that said these necks need to be removed for truss rod adjustment.

He's not really your friend.  Your real friend has been taken by. . . them!  The truss rod adviser cannot be trusted: destroy him immediately!!!!!

Back