Z bass body truss adjustment route

Dave B

I noticed in the showcase, and in the builder, that most bass bodies have a heel truss accessibility route for necks adjustable at the heel. And some, like the G4, G5, do not. And the Diamodbacks in the showcase don't, but do in the builder. I looked at every Z bass I could find online, including here, and some have them, some don't.

I called Warmoth and talked to Christian and didn't get a definitive answer other than if it shows up in the builder, it should be there.

I ordered a P bass neck that adjusts at the heel, so I need that route on the body.

Can anyone who's bought a Z bass body confirm if it has the truss route at the heel? Thanks.

Last edited:
They emailed me with an answer. It's an off menu option. That would have sucked to have to take the neck off to adjust the truss rod. I wonder how many people that's happened to. Thanks Christian.

They emailed me with an answer. It's an off menu option. That would have sucked to have to take the neck off to adjust the truss rod. I wonder how many people that's happened to. Thanks Christian.
I learned that it is always good to check (and verify) with the guys at Warmoth, especially since there are lots of off menu options

Back