It's here! It's here! And it's AMAZING!

hannaugh

Master Member
My LP finally arrived!  I almost wept when I opened the box and saw the top for the first time.  Seriously, tears of joy.  It somehow turned out even better than I thought it would, and I was expecting it to be amazing.  The photos don't even come close to doing this thing justice. 

Black Korina body - Wild Maple top

3348134716_32727b7e2a.jpg

3347299373_23022bbd8a.jpg

All the subtle little lines in the wild maple make it look like watercolor... I love it!

3347299833_3504b92bc7.jpg

3348136390_da29ac493a.jpg

The black korina ain't too shabby either!

3348136656_8d5eb62300.jpg

3348137356_2afcfbe54a.jpg

3347302027_292ee9bab3.jpg

And of course, the neck came too:

3347301361_7fc617e6ee.jpg

3348138282_eb851bc840.jpg

And with the neck it looks like this:

3348138930_ca58759243_b.jpg

3348201060_808a0a2f64_o.jpg

Anyways, I'm really excited and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.  I can't wait till I plug it in and hear it for the first time.  Amazing!

Verrry nice looking body there Hannaugh.

Also, it looks like you have birdseye maple for the neck wood?

You've really gone 'deluxe' with this one, haven't you!  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:

What kinda hardware and electronics are you putting in it?

OzziePete said:
Verrry nice looking body there Hannaugh.

Also, it looks like you have birdseye maple for the neck wood?

You've really gone 'deluxe' with this one, haven't you!  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:

What kinda hardware and electronics are you putting in it?

Yeah, I wanted all the woods to be fancy schmancy on this first one.  If and when I make something else with Warmoth parts, I don't think I'll ever get quite this luxurious. 

I'm using all chrome hardware.  Standard TOM & stop tailpiece from Warmoth, Gotoh 18:1 mini tuners.  The only thing that won't be chrome is the Planet Waves jack because it only comes in gold.  It shouldn't be real noticeable though with the square LP style chrome jack plate. Earvana compensated nut, amber knobs.  I'm getting a free set of Lace Alumitone humbuckers for it because I did some work for Don Lace a while back and he still owes me that.  We're doing the Jimmy Page wiring with the push/pulls and the 3 way switch. 

I have no idea what the Alumitones will be like, but I figure I'm getting them for free.  If I don't like them I can always switch them out with something else. 

I'm toying with the idea of getting a custom neck plate and truss rod cover as well.

I must say that's got to be one of the glossiest finishes I've ever seen. That's a very beautiful guitar, and the neck is pretty awesome too.. :icon_thumright:

Just something about the blue tops with the black korina always looks spectacular.....

Well, when I say "toying", I mean that I'm definitely going to do it, I just don't know what I want on them yet.

Chr*st!  That looks fantastic!

Congratulations on a wonderful instrument.  You must be very proud and excited. I would be.

Some advice - take it slow on the assembly.

Congratulations once more  :eek:ccasion14:

mayfly said:
Chr*st!  That looks fantastic!

Congratulations on a wonderful instrument.  You must be very proud and excited. I would be.

Some advice - take it slow on the assembly.

Congratulations once more  :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I'll definitely be taking the assembly slowly and carefully.  And the things I don't trust myself with will be done by my favorite tech guy.  I don't know what I would do if I screwed up $1500 worth of gorgeous guitar. So I have decided I'm not going to  :icon_tongue:

ah, the engagement is over and now you're in the honey moon.  I remember the first time I opened the box to my first build... *tear*

That looks amazing!
and what a great burst and finish!!
I'm sure that was worth the wait! Congrats!

Back