It's been fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear it Phrygian... :sad:
If it's not working to you I guess that insist on it would be a mistake... perhaps you should get a try asking for your wife or kids make a order, if you're cursed then it'll help :laughing7: (just kidding)

About USACG, they have more neck profiles but they doesn't have exotic woods in stock... Asked once and they said they have Rosewood in stock and asked too about 5A flamed maple and they said it's not usually in stock...

In light of what CB said up the page (and I haven't read every post in this thread) I'd say that if Phrygian wanted to buy build a USACG guitar.. or a soulmate guitar or a mightymite guitar or whatever.  Despite the fact that its not from W and W hosts this place for us to chat.  I would not be upset if he stuck around and shared his awesome guitars with us, W or not.

We've all praised other gutiar makers (and complained about them) and it hasn't caused much of a commotion.  If you want to crap on Warmoth. go do it somewhere else (and I didn't get the feeling from phrygian that he was doing this.)

in short.  If you don't want to buy from warmoth anymore but still want to be a part of this community.  Then stick around and lets chat it up.

I think it's admirable that Warmoth allows it's forum "guests" to speak of other companies, make complaints etc... In all reality, listening to complaints here is only helpful to them in upgrading customer service and quality control. They can hear complaints here and address them.

Hopefully they will take my complaint about my MOP markers, for example, not being on the work order and, in the future, make it part of the sales process, for phone in calls, to send a copy of the work order via e-mail for approval before commencing. I don't know, it's an option that I hope someone from Warmoth sees here and brings up at the next staff meeting.

As for talking about other companies, that's a bold move right there. I've been on forums where you weren't even allowed to mention a competitors name let alone it's products. There were times when I'd mention some protein I was using after workouts only to find by later that day the name of the competitor and the product name were erased from my post. Then I'd get a PM from admin saying we weren't allowed to do that. Warmoth gives a lot of leeway in this area.

I don't think everyone needs to be here kissing Warmoth's ass 24-7 but on the same note, if you're just here to rag on Warmoth and push another company then, in my opinion, you should just get the F out of here and go to those sites.
MULLY

Return of Guitlouie said:
I ain't saying anything in this thread......Phrygian knows why!

If you didn't post anything it would keep on this way, but as you posted, I may say that WE don't know, could you tell us, mate?

I have a friend who started an incorperated company in my town.  For 25 years he has been designing and building high-end audio equipment, mostly magnetic planar speakers.  He does his own woodwork and machining of parts in-house.  He emphasizes quality in his products and exceptional customer service.  Since his business is doing well (at least with sales overseas right now), I respect his wisdom when it comes to running a company.  I have had a number of discussions with him about my experiences with Warmoth.  I do not believe that I am just being picky.  3 out of 6 peices being a coincidence is too hard for me to swallow.  If it's a quality control issue, it needs to be correct.  I certainly hope that Warmoth is not intentionally putting blemished items in their showcase.  If they want to sell blems, identify them as such.

The other issue I have is the turnaround.  I received a bad part, the part was shipped back (ground since I was paying for it), it arrived back at Warmoth, and the new one still hasn't been shipped yet.  You would think they would be on the ball given my last two experiences.

alot of problems could be in transit, not from warmoth themselves, and i have seen blemished items on the showcase before, but they have always clearly stated slight blemish or blemish and where it is, and picture of said blemish, so they have always done that since ive been looking at the showcase, a good two or three years now. and well what if the part needs to be made? as they dont have everything in stock all the time, and they do have to spend time to build a new one if the new one isnt in stock already, and they are on the ball, but building a part takes time not seconds.

Not that anyone cares, but here's my 90 seconds.

Mistakes happen, man. Sorry you've have had a bad overall experience. For the sake of your music, I do sincerely wish you better luck out there... :icon_thumright:
You wont get a better neck or body from anywhere else, especially when you consider the price other companies charge for instruments with more restrictive options.
Maybe Shamray or Ran...they'll give you pics of the the guitar you order WHILE its being made...for 8 to 15 months... :tard:

Maybe it's a personality flaw I have or something, but my fuse is pretty short, I don't tend to have a lot of sympathy for folks unless they have real problems. I just see three pages of prolonged crying and whining.

I do find it odd that people on online forums always make a "I'm out of here!" post...and then keep posting...It's like breaking up with someone or something! HAHAHA. It would have been much more graceful just to say "Goodbye guys and gals, I'll not speak to you again. I've had some CS and QC issues and I'm not happy, so I'll be on my way."

If you were breaking up with someone, you break up with THEM. You don't go to their friends and say, "I'm breaking up with her because blah blah blah."

Let the end be the end. Save yourself some dignity, man! No point in kicking a dead horse.
I don't get the point of all this senseless drama...Someone said it earlier; Take up these issues with the company itself, not the customers.

So...I guess that's one less person who's gonna order the J-Bass shaped guitar... :sad:

JimBeed said:
alot of problems could be in transit, not from warmoth themselves, and i have seen blemished items on the showcase before, but they have always clearly stated slight blemish or blemish and where it is, and picture of said blemish, so they have always done that since ive been looking at the showcase, a good two or three years now. and well what if the part needs to be made? as they dont have everything in stock all the time, and they do have to spend time to build a new one if the new one isnt in stock already, and they are on the ball, but building a part takes time not seconds.

They already had a finished body in the showcase that I wanted to replace the bad one. They didn't have to make or finish anything.  All they had to do was enlarge the string through holes for the bridge and ship it.  It's been over two weeks since I got my RA#, shipped the body, and gave them the tracking number. It arrived at Warmoth last Wednesday.  Why hasn't my replacement body shipped yet?  And why do I feel like I am repeating myself.  I believe I said this in my first post.

MUYFUE said:
I do find it odd that people on online forums always make a "I'm out of here!" post...and then keep posting...It's like breaking up with someone or something! HAHAHA. It would have been much more graceful just to say "Goodbye guys and gals, I'll not speak to you again. I've had some CS and QC issues and I'm not happy, so I'll be on my way."

If you were breaking up with someone, you break up with THEM. You don't go to their friends and say, "I'm breaking up with her because blah blah blah."

Let the end be the end. Save yourself some dignity, man! No point in kicking a dead horse.
I don't get the point of all this senseless drama...Someone said it earlier; Take up these issues with the company itself, not the customers.

Come on now.  I came here to see if anyone else has experienced similar problems.  I wanted to know if I was crazy unlucky or just plain crazy.  Why not address the issue with other customers?  Why shouldn't they know about my ordeal?  I didn't come here with any intention to bash Warmoth... or a horse.

No, of course you aren't the only one. - http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7169.0

But for every person like you or me that gets a bum guitar, there are five or more happy customers. For the most part, Warmoth puts out some pretty good stuff.

ah right ok, sorry for the mis understanding, but they could be swamped with orders i guess and the re jig on the body could of got put in line with all the bodys with jobs like that?

I've ordered 5 necks and 5 bodies from Warmoth. Some of them simple, some of them VERY complicated, custom orders... custom drawn peghead shapes, custom control routes... NEVER had a problem. Ever.

I'm suprised no one thought of or mentioned this, but - - - Did you ever think that perhaps some of the showcase items are in the showcase for a reason?

I've ALWAYS assumed that some of the showcase items were not 100% up to snuff.  Either that, or they were picky customer returns, or abandoned/cancelled orders. I just scored a nice quartersawn maple neck from the showcase... and the headstock has a funky looking grain pattern in one spot. 

I mean, have you ever noticed that some of the fingerboard woods, grain patterns, etc, are less than perfect?  Maybe that's why those pieces wound up in the showcase to begin with... and furthermore, that's why they're a great deal... For example, some of the Black Korina bodies I've seen in there have big ol' nasty knots in the grain. Whereas the Korina body that I ordered custom had impeccable, beautiful, even grain.  Coincedence? I think not.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy, but just wanted to make a few points.

1. Warmoth would not be so dumb as to put a dinged neck in a box before they ship it, and hope that no one notices.  And if it DID happen that way, you can be sure that it was an accident.

2. They're a busy company. I understand that you've had 2 bad experiences prior to the latest one, but that doesn't automatically earn you the right to be bumped to 1st in line to get your new item shipped out before everyone else.

RockStarNick said:
I'm suprised no one thought of or mentioned this, but - - - Did you ever think that perhaps some of the showcase items are in the showcase for a reason?

You know, that is a very very good point. I've always looked at the showcase assuming they are seconds of some sort, or customer returns etc... Every once in a while you'll see one with perfect grain patterns etc.... but for the most part even the highly figured bodies have something just not right about them. A knot here or a semi-bald spot there etc... I was looking at the forum for weeks before I settled on my first body. I found the color option I wanted but there was always something about the grain pattern that didn't sit well with me. I finally decided on one. It's not 100% perfect like I would have liked, but I could see that when I saw it on line. My impatience got the best of me. But I'm still very happy with it.
MULLY

Well I'm still thinking that the OP is being overly picky, 3 orders and 3 complaints, I've had 6 necks and bodies with NO problems, the odds are incredible that so many have no problems, and one guy has nothing but problems.

It's mathematically possible, but it's a longshot,

We all want a perfect guitar from the getgo, but the reallity is, if you use it, it's gonna get some dings anyway.  Even with dings scratches dents and whatever, I bet it's an awesome playen axe.

My vote: hang arround the forumn anyway and be a pal....we all still like you  :toothy10:

And CB was spot on, scroll back to read CB's post, I couldn't agree more

i don't agree that the showcase necessarily is an outlet for defective/returned items - in whatever way.

considering the hundreds of bodies/neck on the showcase, it would mean that there were hundreds of such returns/defects etc - which is improbable.

but just a week back i saw on the showcase a tele with a non-standard tummy cut - so that might have been a return.

warmoth i think has become more commercial due to their success - so to cut down on their lengthy turnover times, they keep a lot of their popular stuff in stock so that people needn't wait very long to get the stuff that they ordered.

but i too concur with the view that warmoth needs to ramp up on its QA. i bought three conversion necks with the same specs and each turned out significantly different in terms of thickness.

but none of them were damaged in anyway or anything like that.

but considering my experience with warmoth, i ordered another body from another such company - but wound up with a totally different issue. so ...

i agree that some people are simply cursed - i myself believe that i was "born under a bad sign" - as too many things go wrong for me and half the time I am always going WTF!

I'm not saying that the Showcase items are straight-up DEFECTS... But perhaps they use pieces of wood that they think a customer *might* try to return due to appearance, on a custom order.

Whereas if it's in the showcase, and the customer buys it as-is, then the customer already is giving his approval.

Warmoth probably gets in a TON of wood, lots of which might not be 100% perfect.  Instead of throwing it out, my guess is that they try to pretty it up the best they can, or shoot a solid coat over it, and put it in the showcase. 

Again, this is not the case for ALL showcase pieces, I'm sure.

Well here's a thought... with the sale going on, a TON of people on this forum have just purchased showcase items, way more than normal.  So there are going to be a LOT of showcase builds real soon.  Let's see how many of these items arrive messed up.  If the theories are correct about Warmoth trying to sneak blemished items out of the factory by putting them in the showcase, then I'm sure a large number of the pieces that we've purchased will have problems.  Let's just wait and see...

... BTW, my purple Strat body is just fine.  1 down...

hannaugh said:
... BTW, my purple Strat body is just fine.  1 down...

You hush about your Strat body already, missy!  I'm green with envy, and the two together would just clash! :glasses9:

I kid!  I'm just waiting patiently for the guitar necks that my wife claims to know nothing about... though I'm not allowed in her closet and they disappeared from the showcase moments after she asked me about my favorite fret wire and if 12 string necks should have the thinner strings above or below the thicker ones.  I'm like a giant 5 year old waiting.

-Mark

@ the original poster:  I agree that Warmoth should be eating QC issues, and that it shouldn't be an added expense for customers.  Granted, stuff happens, but they sell at enough of a premium to take care of obvious issues.  That being said, I don't feel privy to all the facts (being on the interwebz and all), and my CS/QC issues have all been handled well by Warmoth.  Maybe because I live within driving distance and know how to use flaming bags of poo.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back