Introducing MayFly Effects pedals

I have a crazy idea, but may not suitable to guitarist (and maybe I would be the only the only customer for this). A pedal with a crossover, followed by a fuzz for the lows and overdrive (Tube Screamer amybe) for the highs, both with a clean blend and tone control). So you can have creamy lows and get clarity (and mids ) on the top end and bring back clean signal as you need.
!!!!!!! That might be really great! Kind of like the Crag Anderton quadra-fuzz. I hear that that's how Geddy get's his tone...

What would be the crossover frequency?

Something like this with maybe dirt added? Parametric eq.

Attachments

• BOSS PARA.jpg
    BOSS PARA.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1
Hey! The reverb is in the works. Prototypes sound great, but I'm still chasing some issues.

I'm thinking of calling it the Jelly Fish actually. This is not the final artwork, but will be similar:

View attachment 59046

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif

!!!!!!! That might be really great! Kind of like the Crag Anderton quadra-fuzz. I hear that that's how Geddy get's his tone...

What would be the crossover frequency?

I imagined the frequency to be variable, so everyone can adjust to taste...

Personally, I can spend hours making farting noises and ringing synth doorbell tones, but it's a pretty rarefied audience that will sit thru a set of that. Of course, the folks on this board will appreciate it, but there aren't too many others that would.

This looks cool ... and useless and fun.

Last edited:
Personally, I can spend hours making farting noises and ringing synth doorbell tones, but it's a pretty rarefied audience that will sit thru a set of that. Of course, the folks on this board will appreciate it, but there aren't too many others that would.

This looks cool ... and useless and fun.

I had the chance to, uh, fart around with one of those at Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz one afternoon. It was indeed fun!

Hey! Ottawa Blues guitarist Lucas Haneman reviews the Mayfly Bytown Boost! Check it out:
It sounds great, but I want something with individual control of Lows, low mids, upper mids, and highs maybe even uber highs separately. Boost and cut.

ok, it reminds me a bit of my Fulltone Mas Malo (though not as versatile) so I thought it might be. I see it is in fact a 4 transistor but it seems to have more rasp than a Muff style like a Blackout Musket. Thank you for the detailed albeit long winded answer. I will stop inquiring about your products. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back