Im so ADDICTED.....

slashgnr88

so im not even done with my current warmoth build and im already planning my next one. im so addicted.

My 1st build started off halfmoth but I ended up ordering a body to go with my neck. Should be done soon!

So the next build I’m pondering will go like this:

Mahogany V2 body,  Graf yellow, cont heal, 720 mod
Recessed TOM string thru body
22fret explorer neck
planet waves locking tuners
H-S-H
1Vol 1Tone 3way switch and mini on off for the middle singlecoil
both Hums coil tapable
all black hardware

This will be in progress as soon as I sell some other gear to bring more funds in.

I have a few questions for all yall warmoth pros????

With the recessed TOM bridge do I need to order a particular neck radius for it to work right???? If so what radius???

Also I am really wanting to do a raw neck with a jet black ebony board. Any ideas of what wood to use.?? I am looking for a balanced tone or possible a tad brighter to work with the mahogany body. And also what would look good with the Graf yellow finish?????

any pickup suggestions???

Help me build this guitar guys!!!!!

Go for Bloodwood/Ebony!
the red will make a great contrast with the yellow! hmmmm
I hope your V body won't be too light though... :tard:

slashgnr88 said:
With the recessed TOM bridge do I need to order a particular neck radius for it to work right???? If so what radius???
With the Warmoth compound radius the bridge should be about 18.5".  It's nothing you can't file down from its stock 12-14".  Otherwise, order the neck in the same radius as the bridge you want to use.

slashgnr88 said:

You don't need to have a particular radius - but if you want a perfect fit, a straight 12" would work the best. That's what I would do if I had it to do again - though the 10"-16" compound that Warmoth uses works pretty well.

Markoooooo said:
Go for Bloodwood/Ebony!
the red will make a great contrast with the yellow! hmmmm
I hope your V body won't be too light though... :tard:

Or Padouk/Ebony  :icon_biggrin:

slashgnr88 said:
And also what would look good with the Graf yellow finish?????

Uh... that's hard... what headstock are you getting?

Not sure of the red (padouk and bloodwood) with yellow...

slashgnr88 said:
Also I am really wanting to do a raw neck with a jet black ebony board. Any ideas of what wood to use.?? I am looking for a balanced tone or possible a tad brighter to work with the mahogany body.

i've heard canary is pretty light! and i've heard it feels great. i just got my purpleheart raw wood neck. it feels great, but i think it would look very strange with a graffiti yellow body. my vote is canary.

slashgnr88 said:
and i'm a fan of chrome, if you mean hardware. but with graffiti yellow i'd say black hardware! if you're going for black pickguard, especially.

NonsenseTele said:
slashgnr88 said:

Uh... that's hard... what headstock are you getting?

Not sure of the red (padouk and bloodwood) with yellow...

How can you be sure?  I think it sounds good.  We all should build multiple guitars exactly the same, but with different woods, just to be sure....

I too am an addict.  Currently listing things on ebay to pay for my habit.

Ya I thot about the neck heavy issue....with a Mahogany body will it not help that problem at all? im going with a explorer headstock

idk if im feeling a redish neck wood with the graf yellow paint....what about Bocote??? anyone used this wood? could it look good?

wenge??? Ziricote???  looks? feel??

also what kind of price tag are on a neck like this??

This is sorta what I had in mind!!!!!! but with the explorer headstock!!!! and the string thru body with TOM instead of the les paul stop tail.

O and I am really feeling the pearl nightswan inlay with the ebony!!!

slashgnr88 said:
Ya I thot about the neck heavy issue....with a Mahogany body will it not help that problem at all? im going with a explorer headstock

idk if im feeling a redish neck wood with the graf yellow paint....what about Bocote??? anyone used this wood? could it look good?

wenge??? Ziricote???  looks? feel??

also what kind of price tag are on a neck like this??

like i said, you should look into canary! it's kind of a darker maple. a little bit more character than maple too. check some out on warmoth's showcase

P.S. that mock-up you made looks badass! i like a lot. and +1 on the nightswan

thanks man!!! ill def look into that wood! headed to warmoth right now!

im really thinking of selling my USA strat to build this baby!

I have Ebony, Macassar Ebony, Wenge, and Bocote necks.  They are different beasts altogether.  Next up is Pau Ferro.  First up, I don't think you can get some woods with an angled headstock.  Ebony, and Pau ferro are out.  I believe it is because the glue doesn't stick well enough to the woods on the angled joint, and it is a weak spot.  But, you would probably really like Wenge.  Not necessarily bright, but lots of Pop.  It is very fast slick wood with lots of open grain, so you do not stick to it like the gym floor.  It is very stiff/springy and gives not as bright of a tone as maple, but much more than mahogany.  It gets my vote.  It screams.  In a good way.
Patrick

slashgnr88 said:
This is sorta what I had in mind!!!!!! but with the explorer headstock!!!! and the string thru body with TOM instead of the les paul stop tail.

O and I am really feeling the pearl nightswan inlay with the ebony!!!
That mock is pretty loud I must say, but cool. I'd keep the Jackson style headstock though. And JaySwear is right, canary is bitchin', and if you like thin necks get the wizard contour.... :headbang1:

after looking at a lot of necks in the showcase I am def either going with Wenge or Canary

Im really digging both these necks a lot. this look with the explorer would be trick as hell!

My warmoth Im building right now has the wizard so ill see how it goes. I have a PRS with a pretty this neck that I love so I will prob either go standard thin or wiz

I kinda feel like having the jackson headstock on it will take away from the custom look. kinda looks stock in my opinion.

do we like the yellow headstock or the black???

Back