Im so ADDICTED.....

man I am digging that V2. I was kinda thinking some kind of burst finish but man does the price tag go up. Im already scared about how much an exotic neck with matching headstock paint is going to put me back.

Do you mind if I ask how much you have in that V2???

thot this got pretty close to the Graf yellow from warmoth. I wish they had something that popped a lil more. neonish I suppose

slashgnr88 said:
thot this got pretty close to the Graf yellow from warmoth. I wish they had something that popped a lil more. neonish I suppose
There was a neon yellow soloist a couple weeks ago, but it's gone now...

ya I saw that. I went with a alpine white soloist tho. cont heal, 720 mod, rec orig FR, all gold hardware.

I cant get this yellow V2 outa my dang head tho.

there are only two V2 bodies on the showcase. both trem. I really want a fixed bridge. all my guitars have a trem so I want something new you know.

anyone have a warmoth guitar with the rec TOM or the rec TOM with 720 mod???

If I call them and ask for a neon yellow finish on the body and headstock do you think they would do it???

slashgnr88 said:
If I call them and ask for a neon yellow finish on the body and headstock do you think they would do it???
I would imagine so, if they have that color option.... :dontknow:

ya I like the graf yellow but I would rather have something more neon and bright I think. they dont really have what I am seeing in my head on the website but I have seen some rad finished bodies on the showcase that are not listed in the paint section so possibly something can be done along the neon yellow lines.

slashgnr88 said:
man I am digging that V2. I was kinda thinking some kind of burst finish but man does the price tag go up. Im already scared about how much an exotic neck with matching headstock paint is going to put me back.

Do you mind if I ask how much you have in that V2???

You don't want to know.  :icon_biggrin:

My main point for referencing it is the padouk neck with the yellow body back.

But if you remove the binding and go with the solid color (which looks great in your mockup, btw), the price wouldn't be that bad.  You could do a padouk neck, which would go great with that yellow, and an ebony or canary fretbord, and wouldn't require a finish (more savings).

You could always get a showcase body in like poplar or alder, something that doesn't need to much prep to paint. Then get some Krylon in the color you're looking for and paint it yourself. That would save a little to help aid in the neck funds. Then just go for the black headstock, that would work with whatever color you paint the body... :dontknow:

thats an idea. does that kind of paint job come out ok??? i just have a feeling I would screw that up haha

Go to the DIY finishing section of this forum and read up. There are lots of useful ideas and tips on finishing your own guitar from very knowledgeable people.

slashgnr88 said:
thats an idea. does that kind of paint job come out ok??? i just have a feeling I would screw that up haha
If you can use a spray can without creating runs, you should be ok...You just have to remember to stay at least 10" away from your work, and use light coats and keep it in one fluid motion... :icon_thumright:

And just remember, if something goes wrong, you're only sand paper away from fixing it or starting over. So don't be scared.  :glasses9:

Death by Uberschall said:
And just remember, if something goes wrong, you're only sand paper away from fixing it or starting over. So don't be scared.  :glasses9:
crackup.gif

DangerousR6 said:
crackup.gif

That's why I have Warmoth do all my finishes.  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
crackup.gif

That's why I have Warmoth do all my finishes.   :icon_biggrin:
It's really not to difficult, just stay away from super glue and mahogany..... :tard:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
crackup.gif

That's why I have Warmoth do all my finishes.   :icon_biggrin:
It's really not to difficult, just stay away from super glue and mahogany..... :tard:

crackup.gif

i'm spray painting a plywood body now (just started after primer today) and it may be the worst paint job in history  :icon_biggrin:  so bad i'm almost proud of it. and it's not even a day old yet.

it was a HxS pickup configuration, and i blocked the single coil spot with a wooden block and some wood filler AND filled in the tone knob position with wood filler too. now i just have to try to be patient with paint haha which has already proven it can't happen. thats why warmoth's doing my VIP for me.

anyway if you have some patience and self control you should have no problem. i just want mine done now  :-\ haha

Back