I need help setting this guy straight.

Volitions Advocate

k. so if I can manage to post this youtube link without it imbedding... ... nope.. wont work.
plug this string in after youtube.com/ in your address browser.

[noembed]www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTpQlM81h5I[/noembed]

Apparently he knows his stuff.  I dont agree with him at all.. Feel free to post your ideas on the page. or here.

I'd actually like to hear what you guys think of this.  Which i'm sure has been visted several several times. But still....

There's a lot of guys who are pretty closed minded and dont want to venture into new things i guess.  Not that Drop D is anything inoovative.

haven't watched the vid yet - but the way to post a youtube link is with the noembed tag  - - put it around the URL - then use the url tag around all of that and it will be a link. Kind of a pain but the only way to do it.

are you taking about the guy who commented that using the drop d tuning makes your e string sound "flabby" and make your tone sound like shite???    i think you sound good :icon_thumright:

thanks for the tip drex.

yeah. the drop d tuning guy. I love it when guys come on to my vids on youtube and start making fun of me.  freakin trolls

Well if dropping the tuning loses tone, then Black Sabbath, G'n'R, Eddie, and too many more to remember must have lost tone along the way.  I wonder what the math say the difference in tension is.  That would be a fun fact to whack that dude with.
Patrick

Anybody that types the word "brah" in a serious discussion renders their opinion null and void.  Especially in the rather condescending context in which he chose to employ said word.

If your strings are already light, going down to D can make keeping them in tune a problem... looser strings do sound different, too, but I don't think it's a bad change.  Just different.

When I get in an altered state of mind (tuning....) I usually hook up a guitar with special strings - a drop D should take about a .052". I've got one now for DADGAD and open D (DADG#AD) that's wired 12 - 15 - 17 - 26 - 38 - 54 - you bang on the low open strings so much in those tunings, that's what they're there for. It's one way to justify having eight six-string guitars around... "But honey, I need it for another tuning!"

That guy is just trying to show off something he read in a guitar magazine and using your clip as a means to do it.  What he is saying may apply in some general circumstances but I don't see where it fits with your video.  I can't tell if he is more concerned with trying to explain what he heard about strings or pickups...In the end he sounds confused...One of those guys who knows enough to be dangerous...Trust me, this is coming from the biggest guitar nerd I know, me.  javascript:void(0);

Back