How many guitars do you own?

How many guitars do own? Include Warmoths, other brands, acoustics and electrics.

• 1 to 4

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • 5 to 8

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • 9 to 12

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • 13 to 16

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • more than 16

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters

David

I have 7 guitars and know I'll be building more Warmoths in the future.  People always ask me why I need that many: "You can only play one at a time?"  I'm curious to see where others are at.  I know I am not alone...

I have 5 right now but I plan to stop at 6. Oh but I need a bass, so make that 7. Then I'll be done.

Jackson USA Soloist SL2H natural finish
Ibanez JS1000
Gibson Les Paul Studio Goth
Warmoth Strat (awaiting neck)
Jackson Performer PS-4 being rebirthed as a Warmoth (body and neck ordered)
Warmoth WGD (awaiting arrival and building)
Jackson Pro RR3 (eventually will be rebirthed as a Warmoth)
Warmoth Strat 2 (awaiting parts)
Ibanez SGER bass

...and it all gets plugged into a Peavey JSX 2X12 combo amp.  Except the bass, that gets a Fender Rumble 60.

My # of guitars is going up and down all the time... I sold a bunch earlier this year, but I also accidentally bought almost the same amount back since then....
I think I have about 25 right now.. plus about 5 in parts.

Two electric guitars, two more under construction, one accoustic, four basses, one bass under construction. And a ukelele, but I don't count that.

man... I've only got two...  :sad:  waiting for some cash so i can get my warmoth started tho...

I have 1 Strat, 2 Les Pauls and a Taylor acoustic. And with the one I just ordered from Warmoth I'll have 5.  But I guess I can't count that one until its done...

I've got about 20 guitars but now that I've found Warmoth I'm probably going to sell about half of them to create room and funds for my new warmth ideas.

Warmoth 8-ball strat
Gibson  ES137
Epiphone Les Paul
Left over bits of a Squier Strat.
Classical / Spanish acoustic
Steel string electro-acoustic

(and a Banjo - Please dont hate me    :rock-on: :party07: :guitarplayer2: :headbang1:          :sad:)

I personally have five, two Warmoths, one Gibson SG, one Martin acoustic, and one beater Epi acoustic that I don't mind taking to the beach, or camping.  However, under my roof there are six additional guitars that belong to my kids and my wife. 

Just 2.  I don't play out anymore, and family life is really cutting into my chops time.  I still play and record when I can; but, it ain't that often anymore.  Between the day job and the fact that my wife also works, and raising our daughter, we're lucky to keep the house clean.  I play both my guitars equally.  I have  a Warmoth Les Paul, and a Hamer USA Daytona (Strat).  Whether I'm after humbucking or single coil determines which one I pick up.  Only one amp too.  It's a GDS Amplification 18 watt kit head (clone of the 18 watt Marshalls).  Cab is a 4x12 with a mixture of some old pre-Rola Celestions.  Also have a pedal board with a few tone-coloring toys.

4 Electrics, 1 Acoustic, 2 Basses

Left to Right. Yamaha Acoustic, Oscar Schmidt P-Bass, MIM Fender Strat (tweaked to hell), Washburn N4(formerly owned by Nuno Bettencourt), My Warmoth Mahogany Strat, Ibanez Jem 555 and Fender Jazz bass.

A JEM!  Those things are abso-freakin-lutely some of the best guitars I've ever played in all my born days.

I wasn't gonna count my beaters, but in the end I did--13 here

taez, I like the green one, and I see you got the reverse headstock build outta the way, won't have to do another of those

2 steelstring acoustics (Guild & Eko)
2 nylon string acoustics (Ortega & no-name)
2 Warmoth Teles
1 Epiphone Sheraton
1 Danelectro 56 Pro RI
1 Thinline Tele without a neck (currently saving up for a Warmoth neck for it)
1 Hohner Professional ST57 (lowest quality Strat copy - my first electric guitar)
3 lap steels (2 homemade, 1 Supro)
1 pedal steel
1 mandolin

jimh said:
Cool

How'd you come across Nuno's N4?   :glasses9:

I picked it up back at Guitar Center believe it or not. Nuno lives in my area and was touring with his band Mourning Widows at the time(this is around 2000).  He had stoped by and sold a bunch of his extra guitars to make some cash before the tour.  I was friends with one of the employees, and he actually sold it to me at cost.   It's actually a one-off N4 called a "leadbelly".  It weighs nearly 10 pounds, I have no idea what makes it different, due to the weightI have a feeling it may be made of a different wood, mahogany maybe?  Anyway, it's autograghed and dated on the headstock.  Up until my warmoth, it was my pride and joy. :)

Back