How many play guitar?

The thing to wait for is cognitive ai, as opposed to generative. Generative is still guessing. In about 15 years we'll have cognitive and it will ask the question why.

I need to point this out, as you have made statements that are not based on the correct terms.

Current Narrow AI is not really guessing.
AI is much broader than a chat and answer. And Generative AI is AI that creates things, such as lyrics or images. Now you would give a prompt and ask the AI to generate a lyric, for example in a particular style. It obviously has a large pool of data to draw upon to then create or generate something new based on a prompt that it is given.

The next big leap is called General AI or AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) and beyond Super AI.

But there is a lot more about this than can be typed into this post, and the definitions can be looked up for those interested.

The answer is 6. It appears these are the only certified guitar players. Looks like the rest of us are illegally playing guitar (or at least uncertified to do so).:)

CGP's:
Chet Atkins
Tommy Emmanuel
John Knowles
Jerry Reed
Steve Warriner
Paul Yandell

Considering that about half of the world’s population lives on less than $8/day (worldbank.org), the original suggested stats in this thread seem off to me. And with the biggest growth happening in highly populated countries like Africa, where they can barely afford a cup of rise, the guitar player/population ratio should also get smaller all the time. BTW, there’s 8.2B of us, nowadays.

Or maybe the stats makers counted the amount of air guitar players on this planet 😜

Well I can vouche that any time I am in a room with 9 other people, at least 1plays guitar, I mean, if I qualify.

Well I can vouche that any time I am in a room with 9 other people, at least 1plays guitar, I mean, if I qualify.
My guess is that you are now talking about US stats, seen from your point of view, which has nothing to do with world stats. But regardless of stats, personally I am very happy if there are that many people playing guitar, somewhere!

Back