How many guitars do you own?

How many guitars do own? Include Warmoths, other brands, acoustics and electrics.

• 1 to 4

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • 5 to 8

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • 9 to 12

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • 13 to 16

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • more than 16

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters
taez555 said:
jimh said:
Cool

How'd you come across Nuno's N4?  :glasses9:

I picked it up back at Guitar Center believe it or not. Nuno lives in my area and was touring with his band Mourning Widows at the time(this is around 2000).  He had stoped by and sold a bunch of his extra guitars to make some cash before the tour.  I was friends with one of the employees, and he actually sold it to me at cost.  It's actually a one-off N4 called a "leadbelly".  It weighs nearly 10 pounds, I have no idea what makes it different, due to the weightI have a feeling it may be made of a different wood, mahogany maybe?  Anyway, it's autograghed and dated on the headstock.  Up until my warmoth, it was my pride and joy. :)

That's funny, Nuno had to sell some of his gear for cash.....What is he live on crack street now....dude should have money flowing out his ass......

http://www.bananas.com/productlist.asp/searchstring_Neal-Schon

Neal Schon's personal gear for sale?

GoDrex said:
http://www.bananas.com/productlist.asp/searchstring_Neal-Schon

Neal Schon's personal gear for sale?

That's messed up, rock stars having to sell equipement.....Maybe they just got too much stuff........

That is messed up. I'm no rock & roll star.  When I sell stuff, it's because I've fallen on hard times.  A few years ago, I sold a Guild Acoustic to make a mortgage payment, and more recently a an original Marshall '69 JMP50 Plexi to pay some tax bills.  Times are tough for regular guys like me.

13 electrics, 9 basses and 3 acoustics.  :help: (I've got 3 more weeks before I get home, it could be more by then :doh:)

WMHOLP said:
That is messed up. I'm no rock & roll star.  When I sell stuff, it's because I've fallen on hard times.  A few years ago, I sold a Guild Acoustic to make a mortgage payment, and more recently a an original Marshall '69 JMP50 Plexi to pay some tax bills.  Times are tough for regular guys like me.

I hear ya.  Back in '96 I had to sell everything I had.  That included a Kramer Stagemaster, a Peavey Sarzo Bass, a Washburn 12 string acoustic, a Marshall JMP-1 preamp and a Marshall stereo power amp with 4x12 Jackson cabinet and a a Peavey Bass half-stack.  I had to completely quit playing for 3 years until I could afford to buy another guitar and amp.  Reality can bite bigtime.

That's some depressing stuff...  :sad1:

I think I'll lighten the mood with a list:

Crafter Acoustic Bass (no idea what model)
Cort A5
Fender 'Lonestar' Stratocaster (the original MIA one)
Fender 'Classic Players' Baja (MIM)
Ovation 2001 Collectors
PRS Custom 22 Artist
PRS Soapbar SE (original shape)
Peavey 'Cropper' Classic
Tokai 'Loverock' DCII
Warmoth Hollow Bodied Stratocaster
Warmoth LP (Braveheart) - though it hasn't arrived yet
Warmoth Telecaster
Yamaha APX4a
Yamaha LL400
Yamaha MSG Standard
Yamaha SA2200

Here is my list:

Gretsch Brian Setzer HotRod (my only store-bought electric and it is wonderful)
Warmoth Tele Thineline http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?fuseaction=include_container&id=813
Warmoth Jazzmaster http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?fuseaction=include_container&id=1255
Warmoth Telecaster http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3318.0
Warmoth LP (sort of) http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?fuseaction=include_container&id=1028
Warmoth Strat
Ovation Balladeer LX Acoustic

- Hagström Swede reissue (black of course), I've had it for two weeks and done four gigs with it. I love it to death already.
- Schecter Tempest Custom (black cherry), been trying to sell this for a while now. Well thought out, good build quality, but not the least bit inspiring.
- Two nylon string acoustics: One old Levin that my grandmother used to play a long time ago and a chinese big-bodied thing I've borrowed long-term from a friend. Learned to play on that one.

PRS Anniversary Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Jim Reed LP

Washburn EA16

Sandberg California JJ4
Tokai Jazz
Warmoth Jazz
Conkin GT5
Cort GB334

Pretty sure that is all now, cut back a lot, and want to move on the Cort too.

I will only post the guitars that are worth mentioning...

Gibson:
gibson les paul custom 3 pickup black, 1976 (made on the day my girlfriends grandad died  :eek: coincidence, huh?)
gibson les paul custom 2 pickup goldflake 1974
gibson les paul studio with ebony board, 1994 centennial
gibson flying vee 2006
gibson sg special, singlepiece body

Warmoth:
Warmoth les paul, purpleburst, miracleman pickups, tremolo, rosewood neck and board, custom inlay (celtric cross)
warmoth les paul, trans purple on quilt maple, trem, custom wiring, braz. neck and board, naked girl inlay
warmoth les paul, flamed koa on walnut, ziricote neck, mac. ebony board, custom inlay
warmoth les paul, fireburst on quilt maple, padouk neck, ebony board
warmoth les paul, tobaccoburst, wenge neck, ebony board

Miscellenious:
telecaster, walnut/maple with ebony neck, custom inlay (300+ piece pearl!)
epiphone 7 string flying Vee
Dean Explorer

and I've also got some other stuff that is just not worth mentioning (some unfinished projects and other crap)

in total, I've got 16 guitars at the moment, and just 2 amps. a custombuild 15w amplifier (all tube) and a line6 spider.

upcoming:
les paul custom, alpine white (edwards, NOT gibson! i want solid mahogany, not chambered!)
custom les paul from warmoth (indian rosewood back with padouk top! with custombuild, non-warmoth, neck with custom inlay).
regular telecaster (allparts)
regular strat (allparts)

thats all folks!

Gibson

Ca. 1930's L-0 (I think...), complete basketcase, we're talking wormholes int the top, twas a gift
50's BR-9 Lapsteel and BR-9 Amp
'63 Firebird III, 3rd one built
'68 SG Special
'68 EB-O
'82 Guitar Trader '59 Flametop #19 (Double zebra PAF's)
'82 Guitar Trader '59 Flametop #23 (Double black PAF's)
'95 J-2000
'06 Les Paul Standard, Goldtop, single bridge P90

Fender

'65 Strat, Sunburst
'73 Strat, Lake Placid Blue, Hardtail, Maple Neck. Only the body is original, and it's now Volga River Green
'75 Telecaster Deluxe, Black w/ maple neck. Very few original parts left on that one, too
'78 P-Bass, Sunburst, Maple Neck

Misc.

Martin 000-28EC #1717
'97 Kendrick Townhouse
'99 Kendrick Townhouse, Canary Top
'04 Veillette 12-string
'92 CJM Custom (Firebird copy with single '58 PAF @ the bridge)
'92 CJM Standard (Firebird copy with 3 Strat pickups)
Ca. 20's Maybell Banjo-Ukulele
Ca. 40's No-Name mahogany soprano ukulele
'75 Aria D-28 copy
80's Celebrity cheapo-cheapo acoustic
50's/60's Harmony Archtop

And, the last time I had the energy to count, 33 different fuzzboxes, not counting the Arbiter Treble and Bass Face.

Holy crap!  I want to go hang out at RLW's house and play some of those guitars.

I have to ask... RLW, are you married?  That sounds like a single man's guitar collection.

No Warmoths?

I am currently selling of some of my collection to make room for some more Warmouths. I currently have a jackson and 9 strats. I planning a Warmouth explorer with a schaller floyd rose and a Les Paul. And since I have a self imposed limit of 10 guitars and just ordered a Warmouth poplar strat (I already have a Warmouth neck) I need to make room. Or maybe...Mmm maybe a 15 guitar limit is better than 10. Maybe I should learn to play guitar first..

Fender Strat - a 78/79ish one
Guild S-100 from 72 (SG shaped thingy)
Gibson ES-333 blonde
Gibson L6s (two of em)
Gibson SG special - walnut, 490s
Fender Telecaster 52ri
Gibson LP Standard
Fender Jazz Bass
Gibson ES-333 walnut
Gibson SG special red, p90s
Tele thinline (W) (two of em)
Tele .. in progress (W)
Gibson LP BFG
Ovation Adamas SMT

Denis119 said:
I am currently selling of some of my collection to make room for some more Warmouths. I currently have a jackson and 9 strats. I planning a Warmouth explorer with a schaller floyd rose and a Les Paul. And since I have a self imposed limit of 10 guitars and just ordered a Warmouth poplar strat (I already have a Warmouth neck) I need to make room. Or maybe...Mmm maybe a 15 guitar limit is better than 10. Maybe I should learn to play guitar first..

ok before you're allowed to make your first order, you have to stop writing Warmouth. THEN learn to play. ;) :laughing7:

David said...

> Holy crap!  I want to go hang out at RLW's house and play some of those guitars.

I've been doing this a loooong time, everything "vintage" amounts to about two grand spent over the decades. They were simply "old" guitars when I got them. And, have you ever tried to SELL a guitar? I'll set 'em on fire before I let someone take me to the cleaners. I can be had, but I'm not a cheap date. I've mentioned this before, but I worked at the same job for 28 years, and probably went out for lunch a grand total of a dozen times. You would be amazed how many guitars you can buy by not spending 10 bucks on lunch every day.

> I have to ask... RLW, are you married?  That sounds like a single man's guitar collection.

I was once, to a wonderful gal. We did the right thing for both of us, which was to get shed of each other. Still very good friends.

> No Warmoths?

Oodles. 2 Strats, 2 Teles, 1 LPS, and a baritone that's on loan to a studio. If you listen to Tex-Mex pop, you've probably heard it.

Warmoth dual HB Strat (currently out of commission)
Ibanez RG7321BK (cheap, but decent 7 string)
Ibanez RT150BK (needs mucho TLC)
Carvin DC127 (My main 6 string)

Back