How long did it take for your warmoth parts to arrive?

Hey warmoth users, i'm trying to decide whether or not to start a new bass project, but I can't if it takes too long to arrive. How long did your's take to arrive, so I can get the general census of it? Thanks  :party07: :rock-on:

Depends on a number of things.

1 What country you live in.

2 Showcase items or a custom build orders.

This help .... http://www.warmoth.com/Ordering/TermsAndConditions.aspx

Just really depends on what you want.

from the showcase, a neck took 5 biz days from west coast to east coast.  I bet you can pay extra and get next day delivery, though what's the rush?  The way I look at it, I've lived all my life without this particular guitar neck, I'll live 5 more days.  Plus once I got it, it took a month to get it set up the way I liked.

Mine have always shipped in the time frame Warmoth gives (which depends on work/finishing/etc.) and shipping time from there to wherever you are is what it is.

I ordered late in October, but then changed a few things which held up start of production. Production commenced on 5th November and I got delivery (in the UK) on 22nd Jan. This was quite an elaborate build as well, bound pearloid neck with pearloid star inlays and a finish, double bound pearloid chambered body (no finish). I am happy with the delivery time, really not bad at about ten weeks, over Christmas period.

I'm in California. I ordered a custom neck mid-November and W said 4-6 weeks. It arrived in about 6 weeks. They were right on their projected delivery time.

I ordered a showcase Jazz deluxe with no paint a Jazz 4+1 showcase bass neck on Jan 16th and today is Jan 30th and it still hasn't been shipped! I've been using Warmoth stuff for years and this has never happened!

When I ordered my custom deluxe 5 neck, they quoted me the standard up to 6 weeks, and it was on my doorstep in 3.5 weeks! Granted, I live less than 2 hours from them, but their construction time was crazy fast that time. Every other time I've ordered, it shipped on or before the projected date.

eljodon said:
I ordered a showcase Jazz deluxe with no paint a Jazz 4+1 showcase bass neck on Jan 16th and today is Jan 30th and it still hasn't been shipped! I've been using Warmoth stuff for years and this has never happened!

Call or email, that doesn't sound right, especially if you're not getting a finish.

I ordered a custom Baritone conversion neck for a Telecaster in mid-October and it arrived a couple weeks ago, so right around 3 months, which is precisely the wait-time Warmoth quoted me. This wasn't an issue for me because I didn't finally get the guitar body I wanted set up and ready for the neck until right around the time it arrived.

Oh, I live in Texas, so it's 4-5 days UPS Ground from Warmoth to here.

I just ordered a showcase conversion neck and added the SS6115 Frets and a TusqXL nut.  No finish, so I guess we'll start the timer and see how it progresses.  If it takes a bit that's OK, given that the price on the item had just dropped to the point where I couldn't let it go.

One day for the frets, one day for the nut, a day to pack and 5 days to the east coast assuming no storms

Forever and ever and ever. Not only that, but UPS doesn't update tracking every time you refresh, just when it actually gets to the next step.

reggae.greggae said:
I just ordered a showcase conversion neck and added the SS6115 Frets and a TusqXL nut.  No finish, so I guess we'll start the timer and see how it progresses.  If it takes a bit that's OK, given that the price on the item had just dropped to the point where I couldn't let it go.

Neck is on it's way, a week after ordering.  Got the UPS tracking notice last night.  If all is well when it arrives, that's a pretty satisfactory turnaround.

I ordered a custom strat body with mahogany and a maple top with black dye finish and a CBS quarter sawn neck in Feb 7 and now it's May 13th and I still haven't got it! I mailed in the studs about 1 week after ordering it and I received an email at the beginning of April that they just got the studs! 
I mailed in the stud together with some bass tuners that I bought by mistake with a note stating that the studs were in the box and I also told them via email. I got a notice that the money was credited a week after I ordered the neck and body, so they got the studs in time. So they started building the body on April! 2 months after I ordered it!
  I think what happened is that someone misplaced the studs. I ordered custom bodies and necks and also showcase stuff from Warmoth and they've always shipped my stuff on time.

Also depends on your perspective of time.  If you are impatient and have access to a space craft that can orbit near the event horizon of a black hole, you could make a quick run and your parts will be at your doorstep.

fdesalvo said:
Also depends on your perspective of time.  If you are impatient and have access to a space craft that can orbit near the event horizon of a black hole, you could make a quick run and your parts will be at your doorstep.

That sums up some of my experiences since I started with the partscasters, LOL. Warmoth has been good overall. One set of pickups I waited three months for from the person who wound them. Some other things ran a week or two more than theorized due to this and that. I got a custom neck from Warmoth in 4 weeks but it was a wood that didn't require a finish. Showcase stuff ships pretty quick unless its unfinished and you want it finished. Going the parts route is well worth it but visualize it as watching yourself purchasing things in slow motion. But there will be some pleasant surprises from the shipping Gods here and there.

Agreed haha. Best thing you can do is drown your sorrow in other short-term projects lol. I started a pedal rebuild to help tide me over. 

I ordered a custom neck on June 18 and received the shipping notice today. It'll arrive on the 9th, three weeks after I placed the order online.

I'm waiting for a body too. I ordered it on June 16. It was a showcase item, but I requested a custom pickup rout and finishing. Only 3 weeks have passed so far, and it may take a few weeks longer to finish, but of course I hope it'll be finished soon.

In 2009, I ordered a custom body and a custom neck on September 6, and the UPS email came on October 23. They're very quick, IMO. Warmth's projected completion times are relatively short to begin with, and they seem to beat them in most cases.

Good luck! :icon_thumright:

In my experience, there's no predicting delivery times. That they try to and often meet their predictions is admirable, but I just place the orders and wait. It's not a very big company when you get right down to it, so order volume has an inordinately high impact on delivery times. Depending on the time of year or how people are feeling about spending money, I imagine they have a rough time meeting any kind of scheduling.

Back