Hey Everyone! My First Post....itsa doozie!

Hi Everyone!  Been a Warmoth Lurker for a long long time.  I repair guitars for a living...and I have built about 25 Warmoth guitars for customers.... but never for myself. 

But this one is is MINE!  No expense was spared....I didn't care how much it cost... I just knew "exactly" what I  wanted.

Warmoth Royale Body
Seafoam Green with White Binding
Chambered Alder Body with a Mahogany Top
25.5" Scale
Birdsey Maple Standard Thin 10'-16" Compound Radius
6100 sized SS Frets
Schaller Fine Tuning Tailpiece
Gotoh 510 Bridge
Gotoh Delta 510 Locking tuners (21:1) Ratio
Earvana Nut.
Joe Barden HB-Two Tone PU's
No PU Rings.... PU's mounted to the body.
Master Volume, 2 Tone, 3 way switch
Fender S1 Switches on the Tone Pots for the Coil Tapping

I can honestly tell you...it is everything I wanted...and better than I could have hoped.  I can't believe that I waited this long to get one myself.

That thing is awesome. While there is a guy on here named Cagey that is jealous of all seafoam green guitars don't let him say otherwise.  This guitar is beautiful. Those abalone inlays should be standard on all seafoam green guitars. Look super sick on that neck.

Well, that is different in a refreshing way.

I think it's maybe the first Royale posted on the forum.

Almost forgot, welcome to the forum...

That there is a thing of beauty, and evidence of a vision realized.  Nice work.  Welcome aboard.

Well that's a whopper of a first post....Welcome and that is a stunning guitar, the SFG and the all maple neck look killer together...Kinda has that old skool vibe... :icon_thumright:

Yah, that's purdy... some things just look right, and it's not that easy to guess! (tho we-here tend to do better than average, I thinks :icon_biggrin:). I have always preferred the series/parallel switching on HB's because of the strangled sound a switched-single coil usually has (except when using a monster like a Lawrence L500XL) but in looking at the Barden website, they claim to have solved that. I tend to believe them - Barden is another one like Lawrence, in the business really, really early, they run under the radar and don't run the full-page glossy ads every month, but: nobody goes back to their Duncans or DiMarzios, after. :evil4:

Chambered Alder Body with a Mahogany Top

That's quite oddball (and expensive to just paint over!) but is it safe to guess you wanted to dial the tone back a ways from the maple neck w/SS frets? I might even have guessed the same woods myself (as opposed to ALL mahogany, where if you guessed wrong it couldn't be re-run with just a new capacitor'r two). And where did you get the manly three-way switch? I need to re-stock, and I can't remember where I got 'em.

Reminds me of this...
th

th

Thanks everyone for all the kind words!  :)

I really had a "vision" for exactly what I wanted.  If a 57 Chevy...was a guitar.  Just sexy-art deco-cool.
It was Seafoam Green-White-Chrome.  That's it.  I wanted as minimalistic as I could possibly get.  If it didn't NEED to be there, it was gone. 

I actually went here first...

http://www.frankmontag.com/editors.htm

and was able to design it all before I made any purchases.

Moment of honesty here... I build/repair guitars for a living and I've seen a lot of mistakes that people make.  I almost drove my wife insane with all the non-stop designs... 

As crazy as it sounds...the hardest decision was the darn tuning keys... It took me months to decide what I wanted.  lol
The switch came from one of my suppliers... but you can also get it here...

https://www.tubesandmore.com/

I'm a Seafoam green Fanatic... My whole shop is this color scheme.    I actually wanted a translucent seafoam...but that wasn't possible.  So solid it was....it's ok.  I actually think I like it better.  :)

The reason for the Alder was because I didn't want Mahogany (too dark)...didn't want ash (too bright).  My favorite strat is alder..so i figured what the heck.  Chambered...was purely for weight relief.  Didn't really think or care about the tone changes.
And the Mahogany top was so I had at least a "little" bit of the LP sound.  I knew I didn't want a full LP sound...that's why I went with the 25.5" scale...but I at least wanted a taste of it.

Thanks again for all the kind words.    I'll have to do another post on the Barden pickups.  They are (IMHO) the best pickups on the planet.  I love them so much that as soon as I opened my own shop... I became a dealer.  I'm actually the only one in Canada.  lol  No I'm not trying to sell anything... just stating a fact in the interest of full disclosure.

Certainly is a doozie. It does that neat trick of looking simultaneously 'back then' and 'right now'. Stunning.

Fat Pete said:
It does that neat trick of looking simultaneously 'back then' and 'right now'.

Excellent description. I think that's why I like it so much. Usually when I see that color, it's an indicator that it's going to have noisy pickups, Kluson tuners and a bridge that would make baby Jesus cry. Not so here. You gotta love it.

Interesting project thank you for posting it up.  :icon_thumright:

Personally I'd surround the Barden pickups with some sort of mounting ring. Maybe white or chrome? Just for aesthetics. To me the large white bobbins stand out a fair bit.  Of course, YMMV.

Great build - is the S1 switch noisy?  The one that I have on my baja tele is.  It is on the short list of things for me to repair.  I was thinking I would replace it with a CTS push pull pot.

Back