Help me find a pickguard for my Jazzmaster project

waygorked

I'm starting a Jazzmaster build shortly, with a Warmoth body I plan to rout for Fender reissue CuNiFe pickups. The Jazzmaster toggle switch location has always bugged me, and I've relocated it to the upper bout on all of my offset projects. Warmoth will make me a pickguard with my preferred switch locations but won't rout for the WRHBs, despite offering that option on Tele Deluxe pickguards. Everywhere I look, I only seem to see the WRHB routing with the traditional toggle switch hole. I've seen some custom options that seem needlessly expensive. Any suggestions on where to look?

I never knew that the WRHB are larger than regular HBs.
If you find nothing, you can use the disc tool of a Dremel or a jigsaw to modify the HB routings of the pickguard.

Terrapin will do pretty much whatever you ask them to. I've purchased several custom guards from them over the years and have never been disappointed.

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/

2 thoughts.  Have warmoth cut the guard for you then bring it to a local luthier to complete, or ...
Get paf sized wrhbs or something that looks like them.  I went thru a search and wound up with railhammers for my jazzmaster and  am real happy.

Back