Jazzmaster body... Will a straight switch work with top route and pickguard?

McHale

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on my next order and it occurred to me that I have no idea on a couple important things that can affect the build.

Will the straight switch work OK with a Warmoth Jazzmaster body with top route and pickguard, mounted lower horn?

https://warmoth.com/index.php/straight-toggle-switch

If not, I'll have to go with the angled switch but I'm hoping I won't have to. 

https://warmoth.com/index.php/3-way-angled-toggle

Thanks!

-Mc

Attachments

• slp1-a[1].jpg
    slp1-a[1].jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 71
  • alp1-a[2].jpg
    alp1-a[2].jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 75
Will the straight switch work OK with a Warmoth Jazzmaster body with top route and pickguard?

It should work fine in either an upper or lower toggle switch position.

if the cavity is wide enough i s'pose the angled would work but the website says its for mooncasters so who knows. just call 'em, my turtle, the quest (root word of question) is not Insurmountainable

the straight is prolly ideal

There should be a sticky of Call the Turtle somewhere.
While we all like to help, we can’t always guarantee we are right LOL

Agreed.  I was just hoping someone who has built a Warmoth JM would chime in and say that they did with no issues or tried and failed. 

I'll call tomorrow.  Got home from work late.  Plus I have a few things I need to ask so want to put a small list together to avoid future calls. 

I'll report back...

No worries - I've built a couple/few Jazzmasters that used that (straight) switch without issue.  I usually put them in the upper forward horn, if that matters to you, but as I recall all the (control) cavities are the same depth.

index.php
5FJoDti.jpg

Many thanks for the confirmation.  This takes one worry off my plate. 

Nice looking JM's too!

Thanks! I never thought I'd want a JM because I disagreed with so many of Leo's design decisions, but there's no denying it's a comfy guitar to play. So, I just changed everything except the body and I'm happy  :icon_biggrin:

I'm in the same boat.  There are some things about the JM I love and some I don't.  I have a couple things to resolve before I place my Warmoth order but I'm excited to put it together and show the forum what makes it unique. 

And like every other guitar I've ever built or modified, I'm sure THIS one will be the last guitar I will ever need.  :)

Thanks again for the info and the pics!

Back