Happy New Years!

blue313

Happy New Years to all of you! 

I resolve to play more guitar and eat better quality food this year.

But as for now, its party time!

I'm going to practice guitar more and try to lose a bit of weight. Also, try to learn piano. I'll have a keyboard in a few days.

And likewise, for now...
party. Actually, about 2 hours from now. Me and my girl will finally get alone.  :cool01:

Happy New Year from Australia, folks!

I'm resolved to losing about 10 kilos this year (that was gained in the last 8 months or so). At 48, it's not going to be easy but I have a subscription to a gym already, so it is just a matter of finding time to get there! Eating better quality foods will help too.

I'd also like to get another job, but in this economic climate I don't like my chances...maybe that'll be in 2010.

And musically, I'd like to get some music down on my recording system. I've been getting some decent musical ideas to work from recently, so again, it's juts a matter of squeezing in the time to work on it.

Oh, and I'd love to also FINALLY finish off that Jazzmaster project that has been stop-start for the last 5 years!

Happy New Year!

Objective 1: stay alive and stay healthy. Objective 2: build at least three basses this year, at least one of which should be completely built from scratch. Objective 3: build an amp/cab/combo to form a matching set with one of my bass builds. Objective 4: work on sight reading. Objective 5: work on improvisation.

Something tells me that all of these may carry over to next year.

Objective 1: Move in with the lady. Objective 2: Finish production of first album with band. Objective 3: Start eating well and treating my body right.

Here's hoping!

Objective 1: Improve playing skills
Objective 2: Improve sight reading
Objective 3: Get proper job
Objective 4: Build 2 Basses
Objective 5: Buy new amp

Happy new year  :icon_thumright:

nathan a said:
Objective 1: Move in with the lady. Objective 2: Finish production of first album with band. Objective 3: Start eating well and treating my body right.

Here's hoping!

Man best of luck to you.  I know you love the lady and whatnot, but do I have to remind you of Yoko?  I'm just sayin brother, maybe you might wanna switch those first two objectives around.

Hey man I'm married and well that's all I'm gonna say.  My Yoko is yelling at me to type quieter, so I gotta go

Happy New Year to all here.  I resolved to finally get to the gym this year, to build a W bass, and to build a 4x12 cabinet.

Happy New Year from here too.

No real serious resolutions here, but a couple of things I may dabble with include:

1. Stay alive a little longer
2. Get a little bit fitter with the aim of furthering resolution #1
3. Learn to play the bass to a passable degree

theklanch said:
nathan a said:

Here's hoping!

Man best of luck to you.   I know you love the lady and whatnot, but do I have to remind you of Yoko?  I'm just sayin brother, maybe you might wanna switch those first two objectives around.

Hey man I'm married and well that's all I'm gonna say.  My Yoko is yelling at me to type quieter, so I gotta go

Well I guess the Yoko bit makes a little sense, in that she and I are planning to make music together, and it might be a little weirder than music I've recorded before  :eek:

But it helps that the band is just my sisters and myself. They're pretty understanding that this is important to me. Besides, we're not a touring group or anything; it's more of a side project already. But I will keep that advice in mind-- I do want to finish this album at some point.

Well my friend congrats and good luck.  I recommend valium.  You will see why on moving day....  I hope you got a chuckle out of my little funny  :laughing3:  :laughing7: 

Seriously, best advice I can give you is try to get a good rate at a local hotel, tell them you will be checking in every 28 days and will be staying about 4 days and you should be good to go.  Damn estrogen, they get all kinds of crazy once a month.  No man honestly all the best to you and your lucky lady

Happy new year everyone!  :)
My plan for the new year is to build myself a Warmoth Strat. Most likely a Gilmour "Black Strat" kind of style.
I`m also planing on working hard to see how insane I can build my Mazda RX7. 300bhp is not enough :icon_thumright:

Happy New Year guys!

Hope we all get more wisdom, smiles and nice girls (or more love from the missus, for the married ones)!

Back