Happy Birthday UW!

m4rk0

Epic Member
It was 10 years ago today!! ok, I think it was really yesterday...
but still, time flies! I don't post that often anymore, but this is still my favorite forum, and I can't believe it has been that long!! I raised a tween since this I became a member!

Just checked my records. I ordered the strat body (showcase) on 1/3/07 and a month later I custom ordered the neck with the free at the time Br. RW. I wanted to make my own guitars since the 90's but the site made me decide it. Actually the previous short lived version. Anyone remembers how long it lasted?

Congrats, Marko. Only 7 1/2 years and I'll have 10 in.  :icon_biggrin:

Kostas said:
Just checked my records. I ordered the strat body (showcase) on 1/3/07 and a month later I custom ordered the neck with the free at the time Br. RW. I wanted to make my own guitars since the 90's but the site made me decide it. Actually the previous short lived version. Anyone remembers how long it lasted?
I had been into Warmoth parts from the late 90's, early 00's, I think I built my VW in 01. I think they still had ads in Guitar World. I ended up joining the forum years later, because I had seen my VW had been removed from the Gallery... :doh:

I was 7 years old when the forum started...

Sorry if I make any of you feel old  :icon_jokercolor:

Axkoa said:
I was 7 years old when the forum started...

Sorry if I make any of you feel old  :icon_jokercolor:
My youngest son is 24 tomorrow, THAT makes me feel old. On the other hand, I spent most of the day with my Mom, she's 89. THAT makes me feel young. It's all a matter of perspective!  :headbang:

In any event, Happy Birthday UW, may you have many more!

My youngest son is 37. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that.

Yes I do remember the old forum too!
Looking at the member list, the forum was created on may 4th, which is when the admins registered,, then it officially opened on may 8th.

Ty and Jack the Hack became members the same day too!

DangerousR6 said:
I had been into Warmoth parts from the late 90's, early 00's, I think I built my VW in 01. I think they still had ads in Guitar World. I ended up joining the forum years later, because I had seen my VW had been removed from the Gallery... :doh:

Same here. Warmoth had ads in Guitar World & Guitar Player and I'd see those every month. I ordered their '95 catalog but what made me decide to make a guitar in '07 were the various guitars a local shop had assembled from Warmoth parts. The quality was impeccable and there were many options.

Marko said:
Yes I do remember the old forum too!
Looking at the member list, the forum was created on may 4th, which is when the admins registered,, then it officially opened on may 8th...

I was a member in the old forum but it took me a week to join the new one.
I had never checked the members list, it's interesting to see two women (judging by their nicknames) joined that first week.

I was getting catalogs in the early 80's & making long distance phone calls from Ca. to get insight.  Never would have imagined that I would have worked for them one day.

I have fond memories of my brief time there, Ken is an encyclopedia of luthiery, and a master of turning this into a profitable enterprise.

Nothing but respect!

De-lurking for a moment to say happy anniversary everyone!

I check in once every couple of weeks.  All of my Warmoth basses are gone, but I still have two Warmoth guitars.  Somehow I suspect I will never end up Warmoth free.  There's probably a bass in my future somewhere.....

For old time's sake.... :yourock:

Back