NGD non Warmoth (again)

TBurst Std

I’ll be picking this up today. Gibson LP Std in Oxblood. I’ve only seen 2 other Oxbloods in the wild. I’ve always wanted once since I first got Jeff Beck’s Blow by Blow.

Saw this at the store I consult yesterday. As I reached for it I whispered, please be heavy. Nope. Then when sitting down to play it unplugged, I whispered, please play like crap. Nope. Next as I was plugging into an amp I whispered, please sound like crap. Nope. As I talked to the store owner I whispered, please don’t make me a deal. He did.

So I was out of excuses. LOL
Weighs in at 8.5 lbs.

Attachments

• 2E94AC81-DD7E-4D3B-8AA7-76BBDE3D9123.jpeg
    2E94AC81-DD7E-4D3B-8AA7-76BBDE3D9123.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I immediately think Jeff Beck with that color too. I saw some review online where dude took a bright light to demonstrate what looked to be a killer flame top under the oxblood, but that seems like a waste.

I do like the plain backs a lot, but holding out for a good wine red or something that really knocks me out. Last 5 years or so I've enjoyed my ESPs more, specifically talking about the ones with the full body size and 22 pickups so they don't move the neck pickup down. They don't look as good but their thin U works for me a tiny bit better than the 60s neck profile.

That hasn't stopped me from shopping hard at Wildwood guitars. You get under 9lbs and neck thickness about .79 and .89 at the 12th and it's always a bit to think about. I nearly dropped on a Classic but really want a Standard, I somehow own two Gibsons and no actual LP for the first time since I was like 20. A couple Epiphone LP Moderns with the natural back which are nice enough but the 60s LP is just a color release away but I gotta say that purple burst Gibson exclusive has really made a case for itself this past week or two.

Last edited:
Well you might not like this one. While it’s 8.5 lbs, it is a 50s profile. A nice full neck. Probably close to 1 at the 12th. Quite similar to my R9.

I approve. Fantastic weight, right in my sweet spot for an LP. How's the figuring on that top?

While it says figured, the color is quite opaque. It does seem to have a nice top, but nothing that would be noticed on stage.

Well, I did that today. It has a nice thin flame through out the body to it that's fairly evenly book-matched.

Now back to build some rolling racks for the garage.

In effort to neaten up things in the office/music room (as well as guest bedroom and living room), bought a couple rolling shelving units to store empty cases on and keep in the garage.

Also going to get 2 more wall hangers, relocate some guitar art to make room for them, and order a new floor rack. I should be able to get my primary 6 acoustics on it.

That should address the issue.

Back