Guitarists who've used one guitar almost exclusivley

Wizard of Wailing

It just occurred to me that I've never seen Doug Martsch (the lead guitarist, singer, and songwriter of Built to Spill), with any guitar other than his late 80's red Strat Plus.  He's been around for a long time too.  Just wondering of there are any other well-known guitarists who use one guitar all (or almost all) of the time?

This guy springs to mind:
WillieNelsonPlays.jpg

I wonder if you placed Neil's guitar with Willie's guitar up against an amp (turned on), whether their feedback would harmonise?  :evil4:

It's also pretty much the only guitar that Marty plays these days as well:

[youtube]HVMdwpcl3m4[/youtube]

Cool thread, I have always envied players who have found,"the one". I'll add Glen Frey from The Eagles and his black guitar.
Glen%20Frey%201_zps3javvusr.jpg

Glenn_Frey.2_zpsvm75gow5.jpg

BB King was sort of like Kay Robertson and her dog names. Jesse1. Jesse 2. Jesse 3. Jesse 4.

He's said in interviews that he has several Lucille's, and they're all interchangeable. BB was an incredible talent, and really counter guitar-culture when it came to mojo and all that nonsense.

Makes sense. You go through the various photos of him over the years and it's always a bound black ES, but the details change. So, it's always the same model/color guitar, but not the same guitar.

I forgot to mention that Doug Martsch's guitar also has no tone knob or pickup selector.  His Strat plus is always on a Gold Sensor in the middle position.  The guy clearly has an immunity to GAS.  I wish I was that lucky.

Wizard of Wailing said:
    I forgot to mention that Doug Martsch's guitar also has no tone knob or pickup selector.  His Strat plus is always on a Gold Sensor in the middle position.  The guy clearly has an immunity to GAS.  I wish I was that lucky.

That's what happens when you're too busy getting laid lol.

fdesalvo said:
Wizard of Wailing said:

That's what happens when you're too busy getting laid lol.

It's a trial....

I'd imagine.

Back