Guitar side input jacks sizes (?)

Yeah man, who cares. It's obvious that when people call it an input jack they're talking about putting a plug in, and when they call it an output jack they're talking about getting a signal out. I guess they're both right.

I just call it "the jack" anyway, keeping my head down.  :laughing7:

Actually, i think the history of the phone jack probably further confuses people, because its been used for every imaginable use not so far beyond the physical capacity of the connector that it would melt. 

I doubt melting was a consideration. The electrical cable connections are far smaller than the plug's ampacity. They were simply designed to take severe abuse. Back in the days when telephone switchboards were common, that's all they did 24/7/365 was plug/unplug those things hundreds or even thousands of times a day. Then, the military wanted connectors that you could beat mercilessly without failure, so they bought into that design as well. In the end, economies of scale made for a super-robust connector that you could get for next to nothing.

Thank you for the responses...

not that it matters but I think its all based on signal flow... directional flow....

Potaaaaato, potawwwwwto, tomaaaatoe, tomawwwwtoe...opinions and views are like buttholes, everybody's got thier own..

yes but there is only one directional flow in this case... unless of course....

robzebr said:
Thank you for the responses...

not that it matters but I think its all based on signal flow... directional flow....

Potaaaaato, potawwwwwto, tomaaaatoe, tomawwwwtoe...opinions and views are like buttholes, everybody's got thier own..

yes but there is only one directional flow in this case... unless of course....
th

Back