Guitar Family Portrait. (post em)

jackthehack said:
Max said:
Is that the Salmoncaster? Haven't seen that one in ages!

Yes the one furthest to the right is indeed the "Salmoncaster"; for those of you whom missed the thread a few years ago when I did my first dyed finish, it looked like this during an early stage:

qmd1.jpg
What ever became of it Jack?

Jonesey said:
Can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me you like pointy guitars...

What would give you that idea?  :icon_scratch:

:icon_biggrin:

Yeah, you could say I like pointy guitars.  The next ones I have my eye on are either a Moser Custom Shop FastStar or Samurai, or a Jackson Custom Shop Warrior or Star.  :eek:ccasion14:

...Not to mention that Dave Murray Signature Strat I've been puttin' off...  :party07:

The King V is F/S.  :cool01:

Jonesey said:
Moser guitars are beyond pointy. I'd be afraid of accidentally impaling myself.  :icon_jokercolor:

This is true, but where else are you going to get a REAL B.C. Rich?  Certainly not from B.C. Rich...

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Neal Moser, but he designed the B.C. Rich Bich, and I believe he licenses that design out to them, but still holds the rights. 

Neal's the man behind the awesome reputation of the 70s and 80s Custom Shop models, and he's the only source for a new one.  He ain't gettin' any younger, so I wanna get my "B.C. Rich" before he throws in the towel and retires.  Nothing would be cooler than owning the B.C. Rich that B.C. Rich never made.  :party07:

Did not know that. The only BC Rich I've ever really lusted after was the Bich (with the cloud inlays and the "normal-style" headstock), but the newer ones are not great... 

Jonesey said:
Did not know that. The only BC Rich I've ever really lusted after was the Bich (with the cloud inlays and the "normal-style" headstock), but the newer ones are not great... 

Yep!  Better get a GOOD Rich while you still have a chance!

Apologies if this is a boards foul, but I mentioned in a few places that I was buying a Heritage and I opted to post in one of those threads ... but it occurred to me this was probably the best place for it.

The newest addition to my guitar family: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17456.msg257116#msg257116

reluctant-builder said:
Apologies if this is a boards foul, but I mentioned in a few places that I was buying a Heritage and I opted to post in one of those threads ... but it occurred to me this was probably the best place for it.

The newest addition to my guitar family: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17456.msg257116#msg257116

That Heritage looks great!  Heritage is such a great company, totally underrated.

Thanks; I'm really happy with it ... except that the nut was horrendous and needed to be replaced, but the seller was willing to drop the price by how much it would cost me to have a new nut installed and get a complete set-up, which was pretty cool of him.

Here's some photos of the stock nut: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17463.msg257118#msg257118

It was seriously shoddy. I'm really amazed at how poor it was, considering how amazing is the rest of the guitar. Is it that hard to properly fashion a string nut? Especially on a high-end guitar?

This is the first time I have had them all out together and in one place so I thought I'd do the family shot.
Starting in the back is the only guitar in the whole collection that I consider irreplaceable, the Alvarez Yairi and next to it is a 1953 Fender Lap Slide.
Next is the Warmoth line up, 1954 P-Bass replica, 54 Strat replica, the upside down who knows what it is white "Max" Strat (which is the best sounding Strat I have ever put together), 59 Strat replica, 54 Tele replica, and at the end the On Fire Flame Tele which is the finest guitar I have ever finished. Front row is the Taylor 955, 1959 Gibson ES 350T, 1983 Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus, and a 2009 Gibson R4.
IMG_8141-1.jpg

Back