Guitar Family Portrait. (post em)

OK, here's my little clan. I also have a Line 6 Pod XT Live and Blackstar HT5R and Roland Cube 60.

Cast in order of appearance:

Crafter acoustic (very nice with great tone and low action).
Fleetwood bass (very horrid with faulty truss rod. Plan to do a Warmoth bass build soon).
Fender USA 50th Anniversary Strat (gorgeous with great neck and lovely sound).
Gibson '57 Historic Les Paul Gold Top (Gorgeous (not too) fat neck, great traditional Les Paul tones).
My first Warmoth build (Currently my most played guitar, great neck and super sound from SD (P90) Phat Cat and SD Quarter Pounder)
Line 6 Variax (My latest addition. What a guitar! Plays great and sounds gorgeous, and then some when you switch on the Variax controls) You need to try at least four to find a good one! This one is great.
Latest build in progress (Should be good, Telecaster with Warmoth neck, 720 mod,  2 X SD Custom Shop mini hum buckers, Hipshot bridge, all gold fittings).

Crafter%20Acoustic.jpg

Fleetwood%20Bass.jpg

Fender%20Anniversary%20Strat.jpg

Gibson%20Les%20Paul%201957%20Historic.jpg

Angus%20Warmoth%20Telecaster.jpg

James%20Tyler%20Variax.jpg

NewTele.jpg

Nice line-up, mrpinter! I'm intrigued with the black soloist, which totally gives off the shredder vibe, but has only a neck pickup, hmmmm...

-There have been a lot of movie references here on the 'boards (many of which I am responsible for), so in keeeping with the latest trend, I couldn't help slappin' this one on!  :toothy10:

movieposter.jpg

Here's my family:

GuitarRig6.jpg

Left to right:

Takamine EG260C
Squier Affinity body w/Warmoth neck
Agile AL-2000
Warmoth HSS Strat
Ibanez BTB-400 Bass
Warmoth Tele

Steve St.Laurent said:
Here's my family:

GuitarRig6.jpg

Left to right:

Takamine EG260C
Squier Affinity body w/Warmoth neck
Agile AL-2000
Warmoth HSS Strat
Ibanez BTB-400 Bass
Warmoth Tele

What is that drum thingemejig? Looks like the kind of thing I could do with. Is it any good?

(Nice to see you're playing a bit of Zeppelin).  :glasses9:

That's a Yamaha DD65 - http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/drums_digital_percussion/portable_digital_drums/dd_series/dd-65/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup .  I have the optional high hat pedal and bass drum trigger (with a real pedal) as well.  The pads are kinda small so you have to be fairly accurate.  I primarily use it as a drum machine and got it because it's a lot easier to lay down a quick track with it instead of trying to program a regular drum machine.  It's definitely not as good as a full kit but it works for me - small enough that it fits in the space I have but more versatile than a basic drum machine.  If I had the space for it though I'd go with a regular kit instead - it's definitely a compromise.  When I have the room I'll get a full kit for sure.  I'm going to be hosting a monthly jam session starting the end of the month at my house and our drummer will be using it - so I'll have a better opinion from a real drummer then if you'd like me to let you know what he thinks of it.

Thanks Steve, yes, I'd appreciate that. I was looking at the Roland electronic kits with the mesh heads, but I don't really have much room either, so thought about something like this. What is it like if you play it with your hands?  :help:

Late to the party but here are my "special" childrens.

1. My Gibson SG-X, was originally the cherry red burst I got when I was 15 in 19 Stripped the paint off, stained it green 97'. This week I stripped/sanded that stain (my arm fell off then I found my sander) and just added tung oiled the bejesus out of the body with about 2 really thick coats, and 5 thin coats. 2 coats on the neck to keep that semi natural feel.
2. My main M1178, Warmoth neck and body blank, cut by Brian Paul. GFS electronics, Wilky locking tuners.
3. A made in Japan Aria Hollowbody my former brother in law gave me. No model number.

1. My first guitar, a Yamaha F-310 acoustic my dad gave me when I was 13. Reason why there's a control plate on the body is that I dropped a power drill on it while moving and it damn near went through it. So, added the woody pickup, volume pot, totally different sound than the original but I love it.
2. A Dean Vendetta I picked up mid last year at Guitar Center, the bridge pickup is a GFS Crunchy Pat. Nice thick sounding pickup, not bad for $25. I just wanted something with a Floyd to learn more on how to set one up, weirdly I enjoy it a lot.
3. An all GFS telecaster...so many problems with how this was built. The pickguard is off on the lower horn, the bridge is short so there's that nice gap, now the pickups have gone microphonic. Still, I love this pretty ugly SOB.

A Samick Music Man knock off I got at a pawn shop for 80 bucks around 2001. Added a coil splitter. It works

My 2015 Warmoth family.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 358
  • 2015 Lineup.png
    2015 Lineup.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 366
Back