Guitar Family Portrait. (post em)

Death By Diezel said:
313424_10150359729600126_633375125_10436661_4009370_n.jpg

As close I came to a family/guitar portrait.  :laughing7:
My dad, two of my uncles and me, with some of my guitars.

Which ones ya Dad  :icon_jokercolor:  Nice assortment  :icon_thumright: I'd be very happy with any of those  :toothy10:

Tonar8353 said:
This is the first time I have had them all out together and in one place so I thought I'd do the family shot.
Starting in the back is the only guitar in the whole collection that I consider irreplaceable, the Alvarez Yairi and next to it is a 1953 Fender Lap Slide.
Next is the Warmoth line up, 1954 P-Bass replica, 54 Strat replica, the upside down who knows what it is white "Max" Strat (which is the best sounding Strat I have ever put together), 59 Strat replica, 54 Tele replica, and at the end the On Fire Flame Tele which is the finest guitar I have ever finished. Front row is the Taylor 955, 1959 Gibson ES 350T, 1983 Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus, and a 2009 Gibson R4.
IMG_8141-1.jpg

:icon_scratch: Think you need a bigger lounge !!  :laughing7:
Thats a nice family portrait of the kids, your Gibson LP looks just like mine, except mines a 2007
The Tele far right is a pure Gem.  :icon_thumright: 
Been meaning to get a lap steel one day.

Shall post a family shot of mine someday  :icon_biggrin:

WHAAT? no floyds or Pointy headstocks Tonar???
Oh you scrutinize so harshly:  :laughing7: :laughing7: doesn’t the upside down thingy count as a non traditional headstock?  :laughing11:

Patrick, I haven’t figured out how to do a shot with every thing together because I don't have enough guitar stands to place the guitars safely in front of the amps.  Besides I've been culling the herd, I sold the Pro Reverb and one of the Super Reverbs so the amp supply line is narrowing down.  :sad:

As long as the Leslie, Deluxe Reverb, and the standalone Reverb unit are still there.  Since I can't afford to buy ones from the correct period, I built myself those two Fenders.  They are just gems.  However, I still sort of need a super reverb, and a bassman, and one of the original tween deluxes, not to mention an AC30, and a plexi.  Hmm, there seems to be no end.

But, for a proper family portrait, I would imagine the whole gang should be there.

That Tele still just bongles the mind.
Patrick

Updown said:
Death By Diezel said:
313424_10150359729600126_633375125_10436661_4009370_n.jpg

As close I came to a family/guitar portrait.  :laughing7:
My dad, two of my uncles and me, with some of my guitars.

Which ones ya Dad  :icon_jokercolor:  Nice assortment  :icon_thumright: I'd be very happy with any of those  :toothy10:

The guy with the blue guitar is my dad :)

all things warmoth:

IMAG0765.jpg

unfinished:
IMAG0714.jpg

sidepic, cause I like 'm so much:
IMAG0720.jpg

I have them in a drawer somewhere. still unfinished. dont know when I will, though.

IMAG0654.jpg

everything else

IMAG0774.jpg

IMAG0804.jpg

Death by Uberschall said:
Hey Orpheo, got any more pics of the blue/black burst looking Lester on the far right of the first pic?  :icon_thumright:

let me see :)

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

2010-04-07165617.jpg

CIMG2856.jpg

PC060046.jpg

don't have any more pics in my photobucket :) it used to have a ton of different pickups. a distortion-set, a distortion/jazz set, a set of air nortons, but I settled for.... 2 jb's. :p

Kostas said:
Orpheo said:

Is this neck from Warmoth?

yes it is :D its a bloodwood/zebrano laminated neck with a macassar ebony board with zebrano inlay. it was a one-off they had in the showcase once. I just HAD to have it. and the body was there also. it was a steal. the body was 540$ and the neck 650$. the neck was expensive, I agree. but the body... wow. its got that 70ies LP custom-thing going on :)

the green one you see in many pics is a great LP too. one of my current favorites. its got that 50ies feel like nothing I've ever played or own(ed).

next year, I'll be buying 9 more guitars :D I have a list...

54 style strat, daphne blue, alder
62 style strat, eggshell pink (of something like that: PINK anyway!), ash or alder (don't know yet)
52 style tele, blond (ash)
63 style tele custom, sunburst (alder)

the next batch will all be a flattop les paul, korina body, 1 piece, so I won't mention that. only neckwood (fingerboard will be ebony!) and setup-style

pau ferro, telecasterstyle
bloodwood, stratstyle
goncalo alves, LP junior (p90)
bocote (cabronita)
cocobolo (either red special-style aka trisonics or minihumbuckers, or humbuckers; I don't like trisonics that much and minihums are too similar to the cabronita)

warmoth will (have to) finish the strats 'n tele's for me, but I won't have the necks finished by them. I'll do that myself. just one or two coats of nitro. to have that awesome 'played worn in' feel.

the flattop LP's will all be finished in just 4 coats of nitro. just to seal the woods and have them raw and pure. no color, no stains, no dyes. although I MIGHT try a 'whisky' dye (or bourgogne-dye). yeah, with the actual drink! :D

also, I want a ceriatone Yeti and a ceriatone OTS. I'm selling that Engl to get that done. if I can't sell it, I'll just have to save ;) but that engl gets so little playtime...

Mmm... CeriaTone... I've been lusting after a few of their offerings for a while now, too. One of those OTS units might be fun, or a Muchless. But, I'm more likely to do the 2555 Marshall clone.

I too was confused by that post.  Orpheo has obviously been taken over by aliens.  I'll have to confiscate all his guitars so they can't be used as weapons against Earth.  :laughing7:

hannaugh said:
I too was confused by that post.  Orpheo has obviously been taken over by aliens.  I'll have to confiscate all his guitars so they can't be used as weapons against Earth.   :laughing7:

Think he might have a giant satellite dish coming out his arse???

aliens_southpark.jpg

Death by Uberschall said:
hannaugh said:
I too was confused by that post.  Orpheo has obviously been taken over by aliens.  I'll have to confiscate all his guitars so they can't be used as weapons against Earth.   :laughing7:

Think he might have a giant satellite dish coming out his arse???

It's the only thing that makes sense. Of course, before we deport him to Guantanamo, we should probably just see if he forgot to run his spell-checker.

Back