Guitar Family Portrait. (post em)

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Here's my group pic from L to R:
1.)  Godin A6  Electric/Acoustic.  This thing is great.  It's an acoustic guitar made for an electric player.  25.5" scale length w/bolt on mahogany neck.  It's made to be plugged in and has no sound hole.
2.)  Warmoth J-Bass.  Tobacco Burst, Chambered Swamp Ash, Maple/Rosewood neck.
3.)  1999 Rickenbacker 360/12.  Gift from my dad I would've never bought for myself, and will never sell.
4.)  Warmoth Telecaster.  Chambered Hard Ash body, Birdseye Maple top, Butterscotch Blonde, 3A Birdseye Maple Warmoth Pro neck
5.)  Early 90s MIJ Fender Stratocaster.  Originally had a black painted neck, side jack, and Fender double locking trem.  It now has a top jack, raw neck, 6-hole trem, SD hums in a Warmoth PG.
6.)  Warmoth J-Bass.  Desert Sunset Orange, Chambered Swamp Ash, Wenge/JB Ebony neck.
7.)  1997 CIJ '72 RI Fender Telecaster Custom.

GroupPic.jpg

You need a Lester up in there.  :toothy11:

BTW, still digging the EMGs?

Patrick said:
big bob said:

Wheres the surfboard guitar?

fiberglass guitar, and the acoustic next build were both apart when the pic was taken. I have since put the fiberglass guitar back together. the banjo and dulcimer  were left out as well

I really liked the topic of this thread when it popped up especially since just before it came up, I had the sudden urge out of nowhere to take photo's of my guitar collection after adding my 1st Warmoth. The fist set of photo's were not worthy so I re-shot them.  I wish they were outdoors but it's too cold here.

There's some nice stuff up here, but Marko's and Death by Uberschall's collections are really the bomb. :kewlpics: ....nice stuff.

Here's my family sans' a Roland GR-808 that I have in storage after I took a sander to it thinking I would repaint it. I have to pull it back out and resurect that project.

Knarz said:
I really liked the topic of this thread when it popped up especially since just before it came up, I had the sudden urge out of nowhere to take photo's of my guitar collection after adding my 1st Warmoth. The fist set of photo's were not worthy so I re-shot them.  I wish they were outdoors but it's too cold here.

There's some nice stuff up here, but Marko's and Death by Uberschall's collections are really the bomb. :kewlpics: ....nice stuff.

Here's my family sans' a Roland GR-808 that I have in storage after I took a sander to it thinking I would repaint it. I have to pull it back out and resurect that project.

You have some nice stuff here. If I could give a little piece of advice for your next photo, take a minute to wipe the fingerprints off of them. The PRS, Warmoth and LTD would look so much more impressive if those colors were popping out of the photo.
MULLY

Death by Uberschall said:
BTW, still digging the EMGs?

Yeah, but I'm probably done with them for awhile.  I've got 2 basses and guitar w/EMGs in them, I'll go the passive route next go 'round for diversity's sake.  I change the batteries before they ever go out, but you're never more than 9 volts from being F'ed.

thanks Mullyman  :party07:
I knew I should have broke out the polish. Sorry that's a bad habit of mine. I can see now that it's posted; the Nikon lens doesn't hide anything. The next photo shoot is outside in daylight with (hair and makeup) polish and buffers at the ready.

Knarz said:
thanks Mullyman  :party07:
I knew I should have broke out the polish. Sorry that's a bad habit of mine. I can see now that it's posted; the Nikon lens doesn't hide anything. The next photo shoot is outside in daylight with (hair and makeup) polish and buffers at the ready.

Yeah, those lenses pick up everything. Check out my photo in the "Guitar of the Month" thread on page 5. On the close up of the neck you can easily see the box pattern of the Am pentatonic that I've been riding to death lately, hehe!!
MULLY

This here, would be most of my stuff, sans an amp or two, and two acoustics and a bass.

GuitarFamily.jpg

:toothy10:

Edit, from left to right.

Strat body with David Gilmour emgs, black strat (simple enough((GFS electronics))), Blue tele, gfs pickups, vintage black bridge, planet waves.
Down a bit, my two W's, the tele and the soylent black.
Up on the amps, My PRS SE, stock, for now. My First proper electric, my epi LP, gibby pups, reversed, for now..., My gibby SG with Hot Slags, reversed.
to the right, my ugly nasty Ibanez EX 1500, pawn shop wonder.. Going to Warmoth it out pretty soon. My Fender Deluxe Jazz, Active noiseless, love it.

Last and never least, my Taylor.  :headbang:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but i wanted to show off my kiddies too:

_IGP7898.jpg

_IGP7911.jpg

L to R (top pic):
1. Seafoam Green Jazzmaster: Alder body, Maple/Brazilian Rosewood Neck, Curtis Novak pickups
2. Halfmoth Trans. Blonde Strat: Squier Strat Ash Body, Warmoth Goncalo Alves/Kingwood Neck, P-Rails, Gold Gawdy Goodness
3. Daphne Blue Strat: Alder Body (my first refin project, you can see a couple sandthroughs), Lollar Specials
4. Taylor 710
5. Baker Junior (pre-Ed Roman era): Sea Moss Green Metallic finish, DiMarzio Virtual Vintage PAF's, Buzz Feiten-ized (personally, not a fan of the Feiten thing, can't really tell a difference and it really restricts who can work on the guitar)

I wanted to get a pic of the fam' before the new addition (non-Warmoth) arrives tomorrow... More on that later!

jalane said:
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i wanted to show off my kiddies too:

_IGP7898.jpg

_IGP7911.jpg

L to R (top pic):
1. Seafoam Green Jazzmaster: Alder body, Maple/Brazilian Rosewood Neck, Curtis Novak pickups
2. Halfmoth Trans. Blonde Strat: Squier Strat Ash Body, Warmoth Goncalo Alves/Kingwood Neck, P-Rails, Gold Gawdy Goodness
3. Daphne Blue Strat: Alder Body (my first refin project, you can see a couple sandthroughs), Lollar Specials
4. Taylor 710
5. Baker Junior (pre-Ed Roman era): Sea Moss Green Metallic finish, DiMarzio Virtual Vintage PAF's, Buzz Feiten-ized (personally, not a fan of the Feiten thing, can't really tell a difference and it really restricts who can work on the guitar)

I wanted to get a pic of the fam' before the new addition (non-Warmoth) arrives tomorrow... More on that later!

I think someone reversed your photo.... :doh:

OK, I guess I should start with the basses.

Front L->R:
Fender Standard Jazz Fretless, Black
Fender 50th Anniversary P-Bass, Butterscotch Blonde
Squier Modded VM P Bass TB, 3-color Sunburst
Warmoth P/J, Surf Green

Rear L->R:
Rickenbacker 4001V63, Jetglo (black)
Guild B-302, Mahogany Gloss
G&L L2500 5-string, Natural Ash Gloss
Schecter Stiletto Studio 8 8-string, Honey Satin Mahogany/Bubinga
Washburn XS-5 5-string, Black

You've seen some of these before. Here goes:
Children2.jpg

Firebird-1.jpg

My Warmoth Bass:
DSCN0230.jpg

76 Reissue Flying V purchased in 76.
IMG_1713.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

And the Warmoth I am currently working on:
DSCN0206.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
PT said:
76 Reissue Flying V purchased in 76.

This statement confuses me.  Isn't it just a '76?

I'm glad you said that. For all of these years I thought that Gibson didn't make a flying V from the late 60's to 1976 and thought 76 was a "reissue". Apparently not. !967 was a reissue. Maybe I'm dyslexic. It's like finally learning the correct words to a song you've sung your entire life. I need a cup of coffee.

Back