GraphTech Ghost in a Tele?

Dreamsinger

Anyone have pix of Ghost pu installation, specifically how the pu leads were routed? I've been searching for a few days to no avail. Thank!

I don't have any good photos, but I installed a Ghost system in a Tele. I drilled a .080" hole just in front of each saddle (6 saddle bridge), then cut 6 little grooves in the top of the body that start under the bridge holes and go forward to the bridge pickup route. The wires come out of the saddles and immediately under the bridge, then lay in the 6 grooves under the bridge plate until they reach the pickup route hole. After this they all go to the control cavity via the hole for the bridge pickup wire. I had to pull the connectors off to run the wires, but they come right off by lifting the tabs with an Xacto knife. I widened the floor of the control route with a dremel so the acoustiphonic preamp would sit flat on the bottom. I also routed the back for the ghost battery box. It was a little time consuming but not overly difficult. I use a stereo cable and run the ghost output through a Dtar Mama Bear direct to the board. It sounds fantastic.

Good luck,
-Bobbie

Take a look here for an install Cagey did on a Wilky bridge:

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22735.msg338251#msg338251

Back