Gotoh 510 tremolo bridge routing question

Jesse said:
Well depending on the height of the trem, the guard would probably sit under it, but it would very much limit trem use.

The Gotoh 510 I have doesn't. See the link below.

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22445.msg333605#msg333605

stratamania said:
Jesse said:
Well depending on the height of the trem, the guard would probably sit under it, but it would very much limit trem use.

The Gotoh 510 I have doesn't. See the link below.

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22445.msg333605#msg333605
That's not the one from the OP

That is a 510T, not an EV510T. Check out double A's post from the first page to see an EV510T and the fitment issue on the treble side.

I know it's not quite the same. Mine to be specific is an 510TS-FE1

Here's a link to it, perhaps you can compare dimensions If it helps you as a reference to see what you have to adapt.

http://www.g-gotoh.com/domestic/dimensions/510T-FE1-Dim2.jpg

Why  the BS when there are others with less adaptation needed ?

I think you're missing something very basic here.  Look at the shape of the two trems.  Yours is totally straight on the side while the EV version is curved.  That is the problem.

Why the BS? Because some might want a more modern-looking trem? Because very slightly modifying a pickguard isn't really very much BS when you're talking about custom building a guitar? :dontknow:

Seriously, the totally notchy fretboard edges and completely unfinished fret ends on my neck are orders of magnitude more "BS" than dealing with modifying a piece of plastic.

BS is just the code for brass saddles.  Has no effect on the fitment of the trem.  I have the FE version with steel saddles.

Yes I think we are missing something here.

I can see it's a different shape and I can also see it doesn't have much difference dimension wise so the adjustment to the scratch plate / pickguard would have seemed to be a negligible one.

It seems you also conclude its not a big deal when "building" a custom guitar. But prior to this the post seemed to be a little the other way.

Peace and carry on  :party07:

No problem.  My only point with all the pics was that Warmoth seems to have all the tools to make this an off-the-shelf option, they just need to put them all together in the right way.

The other reason I've posted so much info is that I know what it's like to do Google searches to try and find these answers.  You can find a bunch of stuff, but it all has partial or conflicting answers. I'm just trying to leave something that someone in the future can find that is hopefully more helpful than what I was working with :)

That's always a good idea the sharing of information.  :icon_thumright:

I suppose you could put it in the wish list.  But one of the things that drives most things is demand. For everyone of us that wants to do that slightly different thing there are probably several more numbers going for the already proven choices.

I was also thinking the trem you have would fit without issue on a rear rout for a 510 but that of course doesn't help you immediately.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the results when you get the instrument together.

Back