Bridge Route - Will a Gotoh 510 fit in a Wilk VS100 route?

rauchman

Greetings,

First off, I think I have a problem.  I'm not even finished with my current build, and I find myself ordering parts for another, very similar build.  I need help!

In this theoretical new build (I'm justifying this since I find myself with an extra neck...that needs a new body...that needs a new bridge), I know I want a trem, but not sure of going with the Wilkinson VS100 or the Gotoh 510.  If I go with the semi recessed Wilk VS100 route, will it also accommodate the Gotoh 510?

Any Wilkinson rout will have an unsightly gap near the tremolo arm if you put a 510 in it.

The recessed rout will not really give you much. If you want a 510 I would recommend just get a 510 rout especially as it is available now on menu as a few years ago it was not.

stratamania said:
Any Wilkinson rout will have an unsightly gap near the tremolo arm if you put a 510 in it.

The recessed rout will not really give you much. If you want a 510 I would recommend just get a 510 rout especially as it is available now on menu as a few years ago it was not.

Thank you!

Back