GOOD LUCK USA!!!!!

Marko said:
oh this reminds me of a conversation I had a while ago:

Snobbish guy: sooo, I heard that speed ice skating is really big in Holland!
Me: yeah a lot of people seem to enjoy watching that in the winter
snob: hahahahaha, isn't that pointless and so boring, watching them going around in circles?
me: yeah it is a bit.. reminds me of Nascar
guy:.......  :tard: yeah I actually like nascar

Damn... Good one!

baskruit said:
ErogenousJones said:
Max said:
ErogenousJones said:
Let me sort this out for everyone. Soccer, American (and Canadian) football and baseball are all boring to watch. So are basketball, golf and tennis. Did I miss anything?  :laughing7: 
Hockey.
hannaugh said:
Nascar. 

Indeed.

Chess

Ladies and Gentlemen, I can gazump the lot of you with one word: Cricket.

It's full, international version is called a Test, played over a period of FIVE days, two innings each team. Unlike baseball you have to get all of the team (11) out twice, save for the last batsman. Batsmen bat in pairs, a pitch is a strip of heavily curated turf measuring 22 yards long, bowlers bowl from either end, alternating their 'overs' (6 legitimate balls bowled per over) at alterrnate ends. Minimum of about 90 overs per day... Fielding team has one wicketkeeper behind the stumps receiving the ball, has a team of fieldsmen strategically lined out waiting for the catch to come flying to them. To get out a batsman has to have the bowler dislodge the bails off the top of the three stumps (bowled), caught out by the fieldsmen on a ball hit by his bat on the full (bounces off helmuts and most parts of the body do not count), or out by 'elg before wicket'. DO NOT ask me to explain the leg before wicket law as the fourm does not have enough bandwidth! Two umpires who take an 'end' and whena bowler is bowling from that end of the pitch, will adjudicate from behind the bowlers arm, when that end is not used for bowling will got out to a position called 'square leg' to adjudicate on possible run outs (another way of getting abatsman out). Asian sub continental people (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangaladesh) go nuts over it, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, The West Indies (Caribbean countries) & Zimbabwe play it at international level too.

Have often seen people from countries that do not have cricket, come to Australia during the main summer cricket season and been absolutely mystified by what they saw on the TV...... turns out it was a cricket match.

hannaugh said:
4-0 Germany vs. Australia.  Ouch. 

Ouch indeed. Plus one of our best players was red carded - sent from the field - which means Tim Cahill will miss the next match which is against Ghana on Saturday/Sunday. Doubts also over our other superstar Harry Kewell, with reports also that Mark Bresciano is not in good fitness too. WC campaign not loking good for Australia this time.

OzziePete said:
baskruit said:
ErogenousJones said:
Max said:
ErogenousJones said:
Let me sort this out for everyone. Soccer, American (and Canadian) football and baseball are all boring to watch. So are basketball, golf and tennis. Did I miss anything?  :laughing7: 
Hockey.
hannaugh said:
Nascar. 

Indeed.

Chess

Ladies and Gentlemen, I can gazump the lot of you with one word: Cricket.

You win.

Not much quality in Oranje today. They have to step up. Elia was a fresh breath of air there.

On the other hand Denmark only had defence. But the feeling of a 0-0 game if not for the OG.  :sad:

SustainerPlayer said:
Not much quality in Oranje today. They have to step up. Elia was a fresh breath of air there.

On the other hand Denmark only had defence. But the feeling of a 0-0 game if not for the OG.  :sad:

haha, sorry you lost..
the Dutch weren't that bad.. you guys only had a couple of counter attacks (oh and that OG  :icon_biggrin:)
I guess maybe the Danes are too familiar with the Dutch team..

Denmark played better than USA, but with somehow alike think: stop Holland to play, giving up our own playing... It's true that they played better for 15min on first part and even made 3 counter-attacks very nice, almost scoring...
Mr Van Persie was fudging kidding us and played really bad and almost got a red card in two STUPID plays... But next game Robben is back :D

hannaugh said:
American Football would be 800 times better without the excessive stopping.  Playing for 5 seconds and then stopping for 5 minutes makes for extremely frustrating television in my opinion. It would be better if they didn't stop the clock more than a couple times in the whole game. 
Watch a Rugby match, it's 10 times better than American Football! :)

I think they should make the Association Football field smaller, which will make it a much more fast paced game and increase scoring

3/4 scale of what currently exists should work

EDIT: using Proper Name for sport

Back