GOOD LUCK USA!!!!!

Man, I've been thinking since Thursday but I can't decide who will be the champion... The possibilities are SO open!!!

Holland won't play as Germany, because they want to win, they're going to play like Paraguay, but Spain knows that if they let Holland do it, they're going to be screwed, because Holland is 10 times better than Paraguay...

I see two options: the team that can make their style of play command the game or the one who scored first... But not even that can be sure...

WILL BE A GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!! :D
HUP HOLLAND!!!

Or ... please let us be entertained just a tiny bit in the second half ...  :tard:

Man that first one was utterly boring ...

Yes that sums it up...
that, plus a lot of flopping Spaniards, a horrible ref :tard:... making 3 horrible mistakes in the minutes before the goal!!

that is all i have to say right now,....  :(

Well, won't say much thing as I'd be kicked out of the forum if I say what I'm saying here :tard:

I'm not sure if I ask a pizza of octopus, break the two legs of the referee or if I break the legs of Robben for loosing TWO GOALS!!!!!

Well... Since I had no national interest, I was thoroughly entertained. Holland played way too dirty (which Spain used, being professionals) and should have gotten at least one more red card - I'm looking at you, Sneijder.

I think it's true that Holland played like that intentionally, to break up Spain's tactics. It worked great in the first half, but had the downside that they didn't do much creative playing themselves. I also think the dirty playing gave them a negative mindset and cost them too much energy and focus. Spain played very well I think but it sure wasn't Villa's day. At least Torres got to do one good thing this tournament with that pass before the goal...

For me, a well deserved win after a very even game.

Sneijder, Van Bommel, Robben, De Jong should have got a red card, at least... De Jong made one fault, that one he kicked the chest of Xabi Alonso... I thought he was aiming the ball, but saw it latter, he couldn't be more FAR on aim than to ball than he was... couldn't understand...

That referee won't work again on any other big game, I think...

I think the faults were intentional, but not the violence... this happens like: one guy get a too strong fault and gets no yellow card, than the other team give it back, gets no yellow card... than it go growing like a snow ball... If the referee had that red card on Sneijder or De Jong things would have got cooler... but...

Spain doesn't let Holland play... That's the magic of them: they play very offensive but when you take the ball of them, you only walk 2 meters untill someone get it back from you... beside two or at most 3 times that Holland was playing better, all the game was commanded by Spain, this team will enter on the history of football...

And the extra time was lost by the tireness of Holland, the coach tried to make them more offensive, but Van Bommel is slow and was tired, the whole defence was tired... We saw what happened, they couldn't run with the spanishes, it was a matter of time to they score...

I thought this coach had done great substitutions on all the WC, but yesterday I don't think so... But I don't know, perhaps De Jong was really tired, but I think taking him to put Van der Vaart was a big part of the total failure of Holland's defense...

Congratulations to Spain for their first World Cup and commisserations to The Netherlands.

Back