Goncalo Alves / Pau Ferro Tele Neck 6100 SS Frets

partialdoctor

Hey guys. I am parting ways with this new Goncalo neck. It just doesn't mesh well with my ash bodied tele as well as my maple neck, so I've decided to sell it. It is essentially brand new, having arrived here within the last week from Warmoth. It has a beautiful pau ferro fingerboard and is drilled for Schaller locking tuners (seen in pictures, but not included). The frets are big ole 6100 stainless steel. It feels and plays great. Please help me find it  a new home!

Price: $250 shipped to you.

Attachments

• Goncalvo 7.jpg
    Goncalvo 7.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 501
  • Goncalvo 2.jpg
    Goncalvo 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 447
  • Goncalvo 6.jpg
    Goncalvo 6.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Goncalvo 1.jpg
    Goncalvo 1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 412
I don't think you will sell it on here for that price, see it all the time on the forum, I can get the same thing out the showcase for $230

I hope you sell it for the price you want, but people rarely sell anything at the price they paid when it comes to warmoth parts.

Good Luck
Pete

Thanks for your opinion, but you're incorrect as you don't allot for the price of a nut and SS frets.
I paid $275 shipped. Its called an asking price BTW and its not firm.
I'm looking for someone who wants a nice neck for a few bucks cheaper and without the wait.

I sure am glad that's a Tele neck. It's pretty damn close to perfect, and I'd have to buy it <grin>

partialdoctor said:
Thanks for your opinion, but you're incorrect as you don't allot for the price of a nut and SS frets.
I paid $275 shipped. Its called an asking price BTW and its not firm.
I'm looking for someone who wants a nice neck for a few bucks cheaper and without the wait.

Sorry, you're going to lose more than $25 reselling a Warmoth neck. :dontknow:

Wow! And all I'd have to do is drive with expired tags and no insurance for just a few months... I hate August(s).... :sad1:

Justatele's right - unless you're really hurting for money, you'd be better off keeping it for your next build, or until you're disgusted enough to let it go at a heavier loss.

Warmoth makes some super-fine parts, but they've already got them priced as high as can be drawn for new examples of such work. Like cars, once they're "used", no matter how little, the price drops pretty dramatically.

Have you guys never negotiated for anything before? You act like I said it was a firm price. I'm not a moron and have been buying and selling things including guitar parts for ages and I realize I'm going to take a hit. Its not going to make me homeless and its fine. I'd rather it go to someone that will use it sooner rather than sit in a closet for a year. That said, it is a very nice neck and I wouldn't be super dissapointed if that happened. :)

I need money for my Matchless though!

Well, you didn't say "negotiable". You said "Price: $250 shipped to you". It wasn't until people started kicking that you made "negotiable" noises.

It's still a Tele neck, though. Otherwise, I'd help you out. It's a nice piece.

Cagey said:
Well, you didn't say "negotiable". You said "Price: $250 shipped to you". It wasn't until people started kicking that you made "negotiable" noises.

It's still a Tele neck, though. Otherwise, I'd help you out. It's a nice piece.

Everything is negotiable. Its implied unless it says firm.

I see. Must be the engineer/programmer in me. Assumptions are poor practice.

I wouldn't trade my all Goncalo neck for any other. Love it. Fat Back profile. SS 6100 frets.

Attachments

• DSC00295.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 363
I really want to try a Goncalo neck, but the next couple necks I need to buy are going to have to be Warmoth tilt-back conversion necks, and they won't do Goncalo for those. Pisses me off. I might have to build another Strat just to satisfy my curiosity, which is sorta silly. But, whaddaya gonna do?

Hard to believe they won't make those conversion neck out of Goncalo. Is it a stability issue? I never need to adjust my truss rod, even going from swampy Miami to not swampy NYC.

willievega said:
Hard to believe they won't make those conversion neck out of Goncalo. Is it a stability issue? I never need to adjust my truss rod, even going from swampy Miami to not swampy NYC.

do conversion necks all use a scarf joint and tilted headstock? if that was the case, then i would say that it may have to do with the wood's propensity for taking to glue. but other than that, I can't think of any reason either

That's it. It's not that it's a conversion neck, it's that its a tilt-back headstock that requires a scarf joint and the wood won't glue up reliably. I thought the way around it might be to get a paddle head straight neck and cut it myself, but they don't do those in conversion for reasons that aren't clear. I may have to call and ask for suggestions. As things stand, I'm probably just going to get raw maple necks and finish them myself. At least I'll be able to match them to the body by shooting them both at the same time.

Back