Gecko 6 in progress

The paint shop is starting on the neck now.

n569893766_1740937_3116.jpg

Got the tint and top coat on now.  The neck should get tinted and top coated next week.  More waiting and drooling!

n569893766_1797527_5166.jpg

OMFG!!!!  :eek:

One of the most awesome Spalted ever! Has everything I got! Yellowished/amber color, many black lines and flame figuring! Way to go!! :toothy10:

That's just sick  :laughing7:  The advantage of working where you're happy!  This is one of the projects (for looks & tones) I look forward to  :icon_thumright:

Ready to come home with me!  For some reason the neck looks more yellow in the picture than it really is and the body is a bit less amber than it is.

n569893766_1891654_7902.jpg

I think you should send it to me to prevent it get damaged by the flooding  :laughing7:

Way to go, Eric!  :hello2: Stunning! :eek:

nice bass Eric, but it woulda looked even nicer in flat black with a hot pink pickguard  :laughing7:

all the best,

chicken butt

guitlouie said:
More waiting......

Oh, boo hoo, cry us a river, at least you can see yours progressing!  When we have to wait, we have to WAIT!

Yeah, I was just thinking I wish I could see what stages my build was at along the way.  I would show pictures to people like it was a sonigram... "And there is where the bridge will be, and that is the binding..."

I think I liked you better when I didn't know you so well. :cool01:

The S.P.C.G.A.S.A.I.M.* with be in touch shortly, you can either pay the fine or we'll take it in parts....

*(Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Gear Acquisition Syndrome-Afflicted Impecunious Musicians - natch)

SkuttleFunk said:
nice bass Eric, but it woulda looked even nicer in flat black with a hot pink pickguard  :laughing7:

all the best,

chicken butt
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Mo pics.

3204586061_ec71440389.jpg

3205433088_74ce4f6433.jpg

Working on the electronics now.  Need to finish the tuners and its almost done!

Damn, how wide is that fretboard?  :laughing7:

These pics look better than the last set.  Is it more accurate in color?

Blue313 said:
Damn, how wide is that fretboard?  :laughing7:

These pics look better than the last set.  Is it more accurate in color?

Nut width is just over 2".

Much better color.  I used my digital camera instead of my cell phone camera.

Back