GAS Alert!!!!

Zebrawood on alder.

PT3429C.jpg

Wow.

That's nice.  I coudl see that with black hardware!  Only wish it was a rear route so you wouldn't need a switch cover.

Yeah, a rear route might have been better. But, it's chambered and has a tummy cut - be a comfy Tele to play. Nice finish, masked binding. I wouldn't kick it out for eating crackers in bed. You can see it with a couple different 'guards on it here.

Jcurl02 said:
I'd still skip the pickguard and just put a switch plate on it!  Why cover the wood!

Teles are cool like that, you don't HAVE to put the PG on there. I think it looks great, but I should stop spending money as if I get my taxes back every week...

I'd buy it and put the black/white/black pickguard on there! Just to upset you all, and because I think it looks damn cool... :icon_biggrin:

PT3429A.jpg

C'monnn

DAMN that Imbuia Neck Wood/Pau Ferro Fingerboard neck! It's still a leetle=bit teensy for me - '59. vs a full 1" boat or baseball bat - but still... $250! Had me scurrying to the personal fundage department... hmm, I can live on $50 till the 1st, right?

Peanut butter - gots
honey - gots
ramen noodles - need a sixpack, there's $4
Kitty litter, got, toilet paper... catfood... uh-oh. Can you con them into free shipping, I could pretend to be Mother Teresa! She got everything free...

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Path=Neck&i=WHN64

Please, somebody, tell me that "Imbuia" is pronounced

I'm Boo-Yah!

Or maybe better.. don't. :sad:

It's a beautiful piece, but... it'll only fit on 7/8 Strat/Tele bodies. Not the end of the world, of course. Perhaps you want a smaller body. It occurs to me that such a thing would be slightly lighter.

I'm surprised that Warmoth doesn't do a better job of publicizing the fact that the 7/8 necks also fit Mustangs and Jaguars perfectly. Maybe it's because they no longer offer options on the Jag & Mustang bodies they sell. About the only thing you can do is dump the little square hole for the unfortunate whammy bar, and drill your own bridge. But... The 7/8 neck fits into any strat pocket, and the 24th fret is 3/4 of the way towards the bridge from the nut. SO: if you can place the bridge just about 6 3/8 inches from the end of the neck pocket, you could put the neck on any body you wanted. I'm sure that if you wanted it on a soloist or V-K, you'd have to pay the $45 upcharge to move the bridge pickup up towards the pocket, and no whammy - at least from Warmoth's stock route. I think a 24-fret Soloist would be pretty cool, what with that deep cutaway and all. You have to remember, Warmoth's cautions about what-fits-what are sort of like the warning on kitty litter buckets, about drowning a baby - who somehow fell into the bucket without tipping it over?

By my estimation, to drown a baby in one of those buckets, you'd have to tie it's arms down, pick it up by it's feet and dip it in there - maybe knock it on the head first to reduce the squirming. This is not really the bucket's problem? And when Warmoth says the Warhead necks will ONLY fit 7/8 Telecaster and Stratocaster bodies, what they really mean is those necks will fit ANY Strat pocket if you can figure out how to place the bridge exactly 6 3/16" (1/4 of 24 3/4") away from the 24th fret.

I recall sometime back they said they could "short scale" any flat top body for an upcharge.

I know the (lack of) Fender headstock option is downer for some.  The reasoning being the license restricts it to Fender compatible stuff.  However, the 7/8 warhead is basically a 24 3/4" conversion neck for the 24" Fender stuff, so why not?

I can see why. That's a really nice part. I think you should buy it RFN. Put a neck, some pickups, etc. on it and teach it a lesson about teasing you.

Cagey said:
I can see why. That's a really nice part. I think you should buy it RFN. Put a neck, some pickups, etc. on it and teach it a lesson about teasing you.

lulz.

Saw that one on the showcase. Was really thinking about it...would look nice next to my BK/BK strat I should have in a few days.  :icon_biggrin:

That top is Korina? I never would have guessed. I've never seen a piece that looks like that.

IMG_2519_Sm.JPG

Wish I had some better pics - there's a lotta what looks like birdseye in there as well. I thought maybe it was a bizarre piece of Mahogany.

Cagey said:
That top is Korina? I never would have guessed. I've never seen a piece that looks like that.

Wish I had some better pics - there's a lotta what looks like birdseye in there as well. I thought maybe it was a bizarre piece of Mahogany.

Yep. You can kinda see the the more typical black streaks on the edge just before the blackburst starts. But yeah, I'd never seen a piece like that either...one reason I really wanted it. Maybe a burl or something there on that side of the tree. There was more of the birdseye pattern as well but a lot got cut out. I can't believe it was in the 'case for so long. My 2nd choice is still there as well. Again, just can't believe it's still there. I'm having a really hard time not pulling the trigger on it as well.

DangerousR6 said:
Nice strat, looks like all black korina...  :dontknow:

I knew the body proper was, I just wasn't sure of the top. It's also very light @ 3.6lbs.

Only the second body I've seen made of BK that had an opaque finish on it, the first being that Blue Ice Tele I've shown before. Also a very light piece.

Back