GAS Alert!!!!

Allright english speaking folk now I had it. Why is pine different from spruce?! They both look like a huge christmas tree...

There are 115 species of Pine, but Spruce isn't one of them, it's a different subfamily. There are 35 species of Spruce.

Allright I got a lovely les paul body and a solid rosewood neck (screw you CITES, Gibson and PRS ;) ). and it's a lovely flametop on a mahogany back for the body. warmoth will do the finishing, just to match the first, koa top, les paul. I have to express my great thanks to Hannaugh. She's helping me with the gear. I'm a walking GAS alert :(

Looks like Warmoth doesn't do finishes for pine bodies though... Just hasn't been added to the showcase yet maybe?

I'd go for knotty pine if, as Stubhead suggested, one could get a body for $27.50. Of course, you'd have to leave it unfinished. That way you'll get a nice layer of grime. And when the knots get knocked loose in two years' time, you've got instant mojo.

Hell, I'd go as far as thirty bucks.  :icon_biggrin:

Cagey said:
I like the black binding. But, I agree that they should have left the control holes/slots up to the millionaire who eventually buys the thing. Nice body/wood/finish like that, you don't want to be presumptuous. At that price, the buyer's gonna want it perfect.

Might be why it's there - buyer speced it and then decided to change something, or W didn't quite do it right (rare, but I hear they're actually human over there too despite indications of their godhood), so they plopped it on the showcase. My custom neck that I accidentally clicked "Macassar" on sat on the showcase for a while because of that.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
*****NON-WARMOTH GAS*****

I'm Jonesing for one of these.  A Jackson Amp Works Behemoth 120 watt 2 channel all tube bass head. 

They are a local company, hand wired, point to point, blah blah blah, and an MSRP of $2,850 their dealers are not allowed to budge from.  However, a Black Friday temporary MAP variance, a friend who's a dealer, a wad of cash, and some traded gear may get it home for me.

JacksonBehemoth01.jpg

JacksonBehemoth02.jpg

Getting down to the nitty gritty.  My authorized dealer locked in a good deal, and while I was in the shop, one of the owners of the company called and I got some exciting and disappointing news.  They've only ever sold 2 and they're making changes to the amp.  They are making it one channel instead of 2, and they're increasing the watts from 120 to 200.  Also, 8 to 10 weeks.

The birdseye has always been desirable, but it's ironic that the fingerboard would have once been passed over (since it's not ebony, it probably wouldn't get dyed.)
SN13580a.jpg

swarfrat said:
The birdseye has always been desirable, but it's ironic that the fingerboard would have once been passed over (since it's not ebony, it probably wouldn't get dyed.)
SN13580a.jpg
HUH?? Izzat English?

WN1273A.jpg

I nearly went with trapezoids instead of black dots with my VIP Floyd neck.  This looks very tasty with Canary backing it up.

PT3099A.jpg

This is amazing.  I'd consider making a tele with something like that!

That looks nice.  Thing is, I can never tell what Dragon Burst on BK will look like.  There's a Dragon Burst BK Strat in there now, it is either an unusually dark piece of BK, or the Dragon Burst has a thicker black burstover.  Whatever the case, it doesn't look attractive, but this does.

Back